4-21-07 Meeting Minutes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kimchi1ot

New
Reaction score
Hello all, well we had a wonderfully spirited first meeting of our new group. I am trying this on the forum since I now have access.

One of the most important decisions that was made was who was considered our core group. If you are receiving this e-mail then you are included in that group. There are 12 people in that group and you will be the voting body of how this group progresses in it's infant stages. There are others who have done one or two things with us and we enjoy their company but we did not feet they have expressed the interest in the group that you have. After we figure out what we are doing, we will invite those persons in to also have a voice. This is in no way an exclusion for anyone to participate, just vote right now.

There were 5 core group members in attendance at the first meeting: Penny, Laurie, Carolyn, Sandy and myself. Almost 50% turn out. GREAT!!! Pat and Leslie were present the night before at Sandy's dinner and presented the river schedule and new forum site.

Topics discussed:

1. WHAT IS OUR VISION:
***to stay together and expand the group with new members.
***for our focus to be on outdoor activities but realizing there is a time and place for indoor activities as well.
***to maintain an adult (an hopefully singles) focus, but not in the name.
***to continues with the variety of level of strenuousness of the trips but trying to give better descriptions of the trips so participants have a better idea of what they're getting into.

2. NEW NAME:
Suggestions were: "Four Corners Outdoor Experiences" and "Four Corners Outdoor Adventure Club". If you have other suggestions, please send them along to me. Please vote on the name you prefer and/or send your suggestion by Saturday May 5th so we can finalize the name.

3. HOW DO WE PLAN TO ATTRACT NEW MEMBERS:
***new member parties/drives monthly or every other month
***fliers
***brochures
***free ads in local papers
OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

4. OTHER ISSUES:
***Dues--would be nice to have a pad to pay for costs associated with running this group. LYNNE, TOM and anyone else with sage advice, PLEASE SEND ALONG ADVICE ON WHAT LEGAL AND BUSINESS ISSUES ARE ASSOCIATED WITH CHARGING DUES. THIS DISCUSSION WAS TABLED UNTIL WE GET THE PEARLS OF WISDOM FROM YOU.
***Schedule-until everyone is on the forum site and using it routinely, please continue to send out your events via e-mail as well.
***Logo Contest-Carolyn and Laurie are very jazzed about designing a new logo to represent out group. Anyone else up for the challenge?
***Next meeting-I propose Sunday May 13th in the afternoon. Would that be good for everyone (or at least the majority)? Please send along topics that you would like to discuss and I will put together and e-mail the agenda prior to the meeting. The topics already will be: the final name of the group, how the forum site is going (from Pat) and feedback received about dues.

Thank you all for your help and remember to vote on the new name or send your suggestions for the new name by May 5, send along topics for discussion for the next meeting and if May 13 is a good for you for the next meeting. Have a great day and talk to you soon. Kimberly

I vote FOR keeping the name 4COP. No brainer here; our forum is up. I'm sorry that I didn't get group approval for the name I chose, but I was having to move fairly fast.

I vote AGAINST being an eclusively SINGLE's Club. It makes us sound like a desperate group of losers. <"losers" was said just like Jim Carey says it. ha!> Also, to you folks that are really looking, The married couples will introduce you to their single friends.

I Vote AGAINST collection of dues.

I vote AGAINST setting up a government to run this group. IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) If you'll allow the forum to work.... government is unnecessary.

I do vote FOR certain guidelines when posting a trip.
1. The first post sets a date, time, place. Discussion and readjustments to time, date, place should have an expiration date. I would suggest one week.
2. AFter this discussion period expires...... it is set in STONE (to borrow Kimberly's words!). NO phone calls or any other communication changes the time, date, place after that.
3. The remainder of the thread's discussion can be details of the trips..... or whatever.

Just some ideas, folks. Post your reply below and let's get this party started!
This is going to be a great show (if you're brave enough to speak your mind!) :popcorn:

I think the name is fine...it's the people who count. NO ONE who has been in the group should be left out of voting. If you have only 12 people you have left some people out.

I think everything else is fine except the dues. I don't think that is a good idea.

Kimberly,

The name that I like is: FOUR CORNERS OUTDOOR ADVENTURERS. Since anything that we do is an Adventure, then we must be Adventurers. Eck on the Club tag. I know.....another suggestion is probably not what you are looking for right now. Actually the name is not as important to me as what we do.

Another possibility for monthly or bi-monthly is: An invitation to a PLANNING SESSION that will introduce new members to the adventures that they will find with a group that enjoys the Outdoors.

Pat's site is fun! I have it set up with one click. I think that we should use it in some way. I do wonder about how easy it will be for new people though. Pat, would you really want to put 50 or 60 or 100 more people on this site? Maybe if we grow enough we will have a "main site" with a calendar for the schedule and then links and referrals to smaller satellite sites with info about scuba diving, bicycling, hiking, running a river...............or hm.mmm.mm sites for those who want to emphasize the activity where they would be a leader. We could check the calendar and then go to that site for the activity that we are interested in on the calendar and get all of the information we need.

Gee more ideas Gonna take some time

good luck,
1cent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom