4/20 Hit the boneyard with a new charter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefGuy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Went out with AristaKat to the boneyard this weekend. AristaKat is a 6 pack, cat style boat, and Jamie is taking trips to the boneyard for $35. If you're interested, you can contact him through Depthfinders Dive Center in Port Charlotte (941) 766-7565. For boneyard trips, he loads up at the Venice Railroad depot.

This trip was me, my son Zech, some members of the Charlotte County SO Dive Team, including Cigami (and his wife) and another new diver. One diver opted out, and I was crewing, so I stayed on the boat. The five divers found lots of megs, the nicest ones are below.

Zech picked up a total of 4 megs (his nicest two are shown in the closeup, he's the lowest hand on the left side). At this rate, he's gonna have as many megs as I do. I'm getting in the water next time, though. :)

Attachments

• PA250001.JPG
    PA250001.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 130
  • Sharks teeth 042008 006.JPG
    Sharks teeth 042008 006.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Sharks teeth 042008 007.JPG
    Sharks teeth 042008 007.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 151
hmmm.. Sunday morning?:wink:

I wish I had brought my gear home... I would have made 4 dives this week...

Wish I could join ya, I have commited myself to a 5K. I am thinking that diving sounds like more fun! LOL

Cardzard, Make that 4, I'll sign Zech and I up. Colin, Jamie's boat is FAST. Twin 225s.

make sure you book it early with depthfinders this boat fills up fast, when i went 2 weeks ago i found 14 megs, 2inchs to 3 3/4. Once again dropped us where we needed top be

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom