4/15 late afternoon - Santa Barbara/Gaviota area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My cable/internet service guy is coming in the AM so I have the day off already and would gladly drive up the coast from Agoura for a beach dive in SB! We can PM for contact #'s as needed, but I'll look for a confirmation in this thread to know the dive is on.

btw. i attended Paradise club's meeting on 3/31 to check them out. where you there? are you a member?

Thanks!

I wasn't at that meeting and I don't know if there's an offical membership signup for this group.

Will let you know Wed. morning what is up!

Here's the Gaviota weather forecast for tomorrow:

"Sunny...breezy. Highs in the mid 60s. North winds 15 to 25 mph with local gusts to 40 mph shifting to the west in the afternoon."

Rich, you know Tajiguas real well. Are those conditions typically a dealkiller for there?

I'll check the conditions from the Mesa in Santa Barbara around 1:00 and post afterward.

Here's the Gaviota weather forecast for tomorrow:

"Sunny...breezy. Highs in the mid 60s. North winds 15 to 25 mph with local gusts to 40 mph shifting to the west in the afternoon."

Rich, you know Tajiguas real well. Are those conditions typically a dealkiller for there?

I'll check the conditions from the Mesa in Santa Barbara around 1:00 and post afterward.

Sorry to say I'm out for tomorrow. I've got too much work. Not to mention there were breaking waves all the way home today.

This is not to say tomorrow will be the same. I'd be glad to stop at Tagijuas tomorrow morning and post a report. Each morning brings change. Hopefully it will lay down and the mud lines will clear.

P.S. I'll likely through my dive gear in the car tomorrow, but my only hope is catastrophic lab test results so I can leave.

Rich

Dive report....

It was not bad this morning. There were the beginning of white caps visible from the shore but the surf was minimal. The water looked a little murky from yesterdays activity but could likely get clear at the kelp. I would suggest let the afternoon wind determine the dive.

Have a safe dive.....

Dive report....

It was not bad this morning. There were the beginning of white caps visible from the shore but the surf was minimal. The water looked a little murky from yesterdays activity but could likely get clear at the kelp. I would suggest let the afternoon wind determine the dive.

Have a safe dive.....

Thanks for the report. I'll check it around 1:00 and if there are lots of whitecaps I'll cxl the dive and perhaps post a new thread for sometime this w/e.

thanks..saves methe drive up there.

You can all come to Leo S. Side on Friday at 5:30pm..... im going to see what the water looks like tomorrow!

Was bummer not to go yesterday...would love to make it out to Leo Carillo tomorrow....will definately look for your post on conditions. May go there regardless just to be at the beach. Thanks.

Well this is what Leo Looked like today! Here is a Link to what it looked like today! S.Leo Carrillo 4/16

Back
Top Bottom