3x CLIPPER DIVES SAT 16 AUG $200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...And whether it is 5', 50' or 500' of viz, it sure as hell beats sitting behind a computer speculating about it all day. :wink:
Man, you got that right!! :)

I think you should add the following disclaimer to all your posts:

This post is just the opinion of one :mooner: and does not represent those of the other members on this board.

John thanks for the really nice pony bottle rig. It is top notch and full of AIR (21%). :D

Fits nicely too.

See you soon.

Shawn O'Shea

I think you should add the following disclaimer to all your posts:

This post is just the opinion of one :mooner: and does not represent those of the other members on this board.

No need to get personal, nobody is paying for my posts.

when Paulw posted about the trip coming up, I was updating and explaning what I heard from a local instructor with plenty of experience on the conditions at the time of his dive. And for him to tell me that it was a wast of money, I thought it would be nice to explain to someone planning a trip, that the last dive on the Clipper was not all it could or would have been prior to Dolly coming ashore.

C

If my post looked discouraging or negative to someone I apologize. I am sorry but if you look at my post I did not say anything about the up coming trip only conditions on the trip out to the Clipper last weekend that I was on. I said nothing about a waste of money but instead suggested calling Tim's shop and inquiring on the latest conditions. I was trying to warn everyone about the Hotels that were open charging outrageous rates and to talk to Tim before you book something.
Paulw

Here's some news I received today regarding hotels:

Post Hurricane Dolly News
American Diving fared very well during Hurricane Dolly. There was no damage to our boats or our offices. We have been diving since last Saturday. We have a new page on our web site to give you hotels and phone numbers for lodging that are open. The Howard Johnson hotel has offered a diver special of $99 per night during the rest of high season (956-761-5658). Casa Bella has offered Diver discounts at $139.00 (956-761-7700) and Service 24 is offering diver discounts on Condo's.

No need to get personal, nobody is paying for my posts.

Snicker...snicker :eyebrow:

John thanks for the really nice pony bottle rig. It is top notch and full of AIR (21%). :D

Fits nicely too.

See you soon.

Glad you like it, buddy. :D

Researchers at UT-Brownsville are assessing the economic impact of the Texas Clipper on the local area. We are looking for divers who have been out to the Clipper and are willing to fill out a survey (on-line or mail) or would be willing to talk about their experience while in the area.

Researchers at UT-Brownsville are assessing the economic impact of the Texas Clipper on the local area. We are looking for divers who have been out to the Clipper and are willing to fill out a survey (on-line or mail) or would be willing to talk about their experience while in the area.

I bet if you'll give us the URL or tell us how to help you'd get plenty of assistance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom