3rd Annual Cajun Invasion Key Largo Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know Cajun Diva already gave her full report on the 2015 Cajun Invasion but I wanted to share my perspective as well. Last year was our first trip down to Key Largo and we could not have asked for better weather or diving conditions. Everyday was flat calm and vis was stellar. Getting into the Keys this year it was windy and Sunday we dealt with some nasty waves, rocking boat, and a very unforgiving dive ladder. But the diving was still excellent and I just cannot compliment the crew from Rainbow Reef enough, especially in helping everyone on a day that is rough. Everyday it just got better and better. The dive guides from RRDC know the waters and the reefs and want to make sure that you see all the cool things you want to see. The boats are big and spacious and everyone is just so helpful and friendly. I didn't think that anything could top last year's trip, but I was wrong. The diving was excellent, the friends and fellowship was awesome- I just could not have asked for better. We saw almost everything on my list of must-sees- except the elusive hammerhead I keep ordering that doesn't show up. Nurse sharks, spotted eagle rays, turtles, spotted moray eels, green moray eels, more lobster than I can count, grouper, puffer fish (my personal fave). Needless to say, I've been in a post-vacation funk ever since coming home because I just want to be back there ASAP. And while the diving is awesome and what draws us there, the amazing staff at Rainbow Reef is what really just makes our trip that much more special. We are treated so well and the personalities of everyone just make the trip that much more fun. Thank you Rainbow Reef and Key Largo for another amazing adventure, and thank you Cajun Diva for organizing these Cajun Invasions. Already looking forward to next year's trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom