3mm Hood with vent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJW

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am looking to buy 3mm hood with vent. I haven't found it with a vent. I don't like the idea of making some holes myself because I like the way O'Neill or DUI hood with a vent with additional neopene beneath the holes. Can you guys help me out finding a right one?

Thanks!

clgsamson,

Thanks for the website but the problem is, I don't see 3mm. Can you show me one? I dive in warm water so 5mm or 7mm isn't needed.

Contact Chris at terrapinwetsuits.com she makes custom hoods. You can have basically anything you want in any color or thickness you want. Quality is superb, I LOVE my bunny ears!
Ber :lilbunny:

I do have a hyperstretch hood and I do honestly hate it. Causing me to be a conehead - - that was very annoying. That hyperstretch don't really have a "vent", the air stays in the hood unless you make a hole out of it to release the air.

Thanks Ber Rabbit but I need the hood in a little over a week so I am in a rush.

Any other suggestion?

Maybe your hood is too loose, ScubaJW? The best 3mm hood I own is a Scubapro hooded vest that doesn't need a hole to vent. It has a slick lining that truly repels water.

Heat up a paper clip or small nail and put a couple of holes in the top before you buy another hood. Use pliers to hold the nail or clip. I know, I know. You know better but I've seen more than one person forget that all of the nail gets hot. Since you're looking to get a new hood anyway it won't hurt if you mess this one up and might actually get the job done for you. 99% of the time you won't even see the holes.

Ha, I gave up. I ordered Akona 3mm standard hood to see how it goes. Thanks yall for the suggestions anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom