3D printing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want to alter the cad drawings to make your own STL files for the 4S3P battery case, here are the links to my OnShape.com parts:

Lower Stepped Base
Upper Stepped Base
Base Connector
Bat Clips for ABS
Bat Clips for TPU

You can't directly alter the files on these pages, but you're welcome to copy them over to your CAD program and make any adjustments there. It should be noted that this was my very first CAD design ever. I'm no pro, but I like my product. If you want the links to any of the other projects I designed on Thingiverse, please just ask. I consider all these designs to be community owned. If my sister ever gets better, I'll be back to cave diving and will be making my own.​

OK, upon reviewing the files, the battery patterns for the bases (20mm) are different for the clips (20.5mm). I adjusted the drawings on the clips, removed the old files, and am uploading the new files now. I also labeled them a bit differently as to the type of filament I think should be used to make them. The old, skinnier style is 4S3p Bat Clip ABS while the fatter one is 4S3P Bat Clip TPU. You'll need two of which ever clip you decide on.

Attachments

• 3d_print2.jpg
    3d_print2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 63
red part it's surely longer then 20mm, maybe 30mm?
From center to center is 20mm, so yes, that distance you marked must be greater. I remember having to uncoil the springs a bit to make it work.

I didn't like the way the positive sides could slip off so easily, so what do you think about me adding retainers around just the positive ends of the batteries? It would look something like this...

1661733841148.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom