35 dives in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In response to Diver Dennis, we did six dives in Anilao over March 12-13: two at Sombrero Island, one at Basura, one near the "hot spring" and I don't remember where the other two were. Basura had a heavy algae growth obscuring large areas.

I just went through my raw images, and do see some lionfish, moorish idols, clownfish, and some small orange reef fish. No fish larger than perhaps 6-12", but there was lots of good macro stuff there.

You can see a few at:

http://rcolman.photium.com/portfolio13619.html

R.

Were you able to get to Bahura in Anilao?

Lots of fish there, but small... however, best schools of Anthias i have ever seen. This is with the 10.5mm
anilao000633mv.jpg

Okay, now I have photo envy.....that is one nice photo!!! AWESOME SHOT!!

jonix:
bwahahahahaha! he likes clams alright :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

thats caloy, he likes them with cheese and warm

MV, missing me huh?

lets see by May if i start the Diving habit again......

the new activity i do is really keeping my attention ! mwuhehehehehe.....:D

It has been a few years but there were some big schools of big fish off the coconut point on Apo. It is too crowded for me there now but maybe someone has been there recently with an update.

I also seem to remember some nice tuna off Verde Island near Sabang. But too crowded for me in Sabang now.

Surprising schools of fish on the New York in Subic but low vis.

Siquijor only has fish in the sanctuary (big schools of barracuda that stop at the line and don't out of the refuge). Fish traps everywhere else.

Southern Leyte is not too crowded and you might get treated to a whaleshark. It can really rain there though. I mean really rain.

Mindanao has a few hidden gems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom