Wanted 300 BAR/3500PSI 7/8 NPT manifold for doubling PST HP100 steel tanks, also interested in tank bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaKatt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi

I’m looking to pick up a manifold and bands to double up my PST HP100s.

These have 7/8 NPT necks.

Please direct message me if you have a set you no longer need.

Thanks!

They're tough to find anymore, I have two sets of 7/8" neck doubles. XS Scuba / Thermo makes a new one that works but its pricey... Used still your best bet.

I'd suggest that you call John @ Northeast Scuba Supply. He might have a Genesis manifold available soon. I just missed the last Dive Rite one he had, but I'm looking for a L/R set rather than manifolded ATM.

Thanks! I got one from John already, he’s awesome!! Looking for another for my 2nd set of tanks.

Hi

I’m looking to pick up a manifold and bands to double up my PST HP100s.

These have 7/8 NPT necks.

Please direct message me if you have a set you no longer need.

Thanks!

@SeaKatt ,

I have the original Sherwood Genesis 300 Br. DIN Isolator manifold and the original DiveRite bands and bolts. I purchased these new in 1994, and used them for a while to double up a pair of HP 100's. They were dived in NW OH quarries and the Great Lakes. Last dove in 1998 or so.

They will need to be serviced. IIRC, I cleaned them before bagging and shelving them, in 1998 or so. (Didn't replace O-rings.) NESS still sells service kits, I think.

P.S. I showed the manifold in a recent SB post. Give me a minute to find it ...

Let me know if you're interested.

rx7diver

I have a dive rite 7/8 manifold, It is in my Needs serviced pile. I could go through it if you are still looking.

P.S. I showed the manifold in a recent SB post. Give me a minute to find it ...

Still looking for the post with my pic. Meanwhile, here are a couple of related posts:

I purchased mine new in 1994 or so. Dove it for several years with Sherwood Genesis (PST) HP 100's (purchased new about the same time) for extended range wreck dives in the Great Lakes. It always worked well. Never an issue. Even with very generous fills.

I still have it--although I ceased diving it in 1997 or so when I purchased HP 120's and an OMS manifold and bands.

I think you can trust your manifold. I wouldn't hesitate diving mine again if the need arises. Enjoy.

rx7diver

P.S. Historically, the "Sherwood Double-DIN" manifold was the first isolation manifold seen here in the U.S., I think. @tbone1004 or @Akimbo would know for sure, I think.

I have a bit more time now, so I'll continue: The only reason I replaced my Sherwood Genesis Double-DIN isolation manifold with the OMS isolation manifold was due to the bands. The bands I purchased with my Sherwood manifold were "first-generation" DiveRite bands that were/are a bit anemic, a bit flimsy. The HP 120's are much heavier than the HP 100's, especially when cave-filled, and almost immediately I decided I wanted to use beefier bands with the HP 120's. The OMS bands that match the OMS manifold were/are much sturdier, and much nicer.

(Note: The valve-to-valve distance for the OMS manifold is wider than the valve-to-valve distance for the Sherwood manifold.)

rx7diver

P.S. I still have my OMS manifold and bands, too. The OMS manifold is the "face-seal" manifold that someone above mentioned. This manifold, too, worked/s perfectly for me. I ceased diving it in 2003 or so, when I ceased diving manifolded doubles, after I had moved it, briefly, to double Luxfer Al 80's. (I had purchased the 3/4" modular valves to use with the isolation part.) However, I likely will resurrect it soon to use with baby doubles (OMS/Faber LP 46's) I am currently playing with.

Still looking for the post with my pic. Meanwhile, here are a couple of related posts:

I give up! Here is the pic (from my HD). Sherwood Genesis Manifold on the right. OMS on the left. Note the narrower C-C spacing of the Sherwood--so, you'll need the matching bands for the Sherwood.

rx7diver

Manifolds_OMS_v_Sherwood_Genesis_20201115.jpeg

I have a dive rite 7/8 manifold, It is in my Needs serviced pile. I could go through it if you are still looking.
Have you sold your Dive Rite 7/8 manifold? If not, I'll buy it. Thanks, Paul

Have you sold your Dive Rite 7/8 manifold? If not, I'll buy it. Thanks, Paul
Yes, it actually left last week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom