300-500 psi intermediate from my scuba tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not so much the pressure as the differential pressure across them. For example the piston stem oring has a full 3000 across it (usually 90 dur) as opposed to the piston head which has 130-140 psi differential pressure across it. The more diff pressure across it, the tighter the tolerences and/or the higher duremeter has to be. A good read is the Parker Oring Manual, you can down load it off the Parker site.

Here's what I have in mind

I located a couple of new adjustable pressure regulators on eBay for $40 - $50 ea. The one shown is 5000 psi rated, 3000
P1040605a.jpg

psi output. The quick disconnect on the yoke is 360 bar rated, the gauge and hose are 5000 psi. I just need to find a rated male QD piece for actual use, and suitable terminal fittings. The other regulator is 3500 psi, with 600 psi out - this is probably the one I will use, for safety and since at the moment I can't foresee wanting higher outlet pressure than that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom