DIR- GUE 30/30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After reading some positive comments I may try some 30/30 next time I'm at Ginnie. I'd dove there with 21/35 and couldn't notice any difference from 30%. Honestly my experiences with 21/35 in general are pretty weak. With 18/45 I really notice a dramatic difference, so I use that in the 21/35 depths.

Did the exact same dive at Ginnie that I did a couple weeks ago on 30/30 but back on 32%. My wife and I both noticed a huge difference. We both felt like on 30/30 our lights seemed brighter and highlighted every detail. Back on 32% it was like our lights were at half brightness. I never feel narced at Ginnie on 32% but wonder how often I really am and don't know it.

I typically stick to nitrox, but Ginnie, Little River, and Jackson Blue are like different caves on 30/30. Anywhere I know I'm going to be fighting flow and pushing 100', I'll suck it up and pay the tab. It makes that much of a difference for me. This past weekend, I just topped off my doubles with 30/30 from Cave Country's bank. Ended up with 31/16. That was still a night and day difference at Ginnie.
Or you could always scooter :D

Or you could always scooter :D

That's probably a year or two off at this point. I can't even begin to describe the envy when I get passed by scooters past the second breakdown in JB. They're having a blast while I'm pulling myself along by my fingertips.

That's probably a year or two off at this point. I can't even begin to describe the envy when I get passed by scooters past the second breakdown in JB. They're having a blast while I'm pulling myself along by my fingertips.
Then you get to the back of the tourist bit and pretty soon that's not enough to satisfy the itch either and you start talking about CCRs

Then you get to the back of the tourist bit and pretty soon that's not enough to satisfy the itch either and you start talking about CCRs

I know exactly where this slippery slope leads. I'm just trying to control the rate so my bank account and vacation days can keep up.

30/30 makes great combined dil and bailout for Ginnie, JB, Hole in the Wall, Little River types of dives too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom