30/30 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi RonGoodman,

No problems on adding pockets to the 30/30. Keep in mind though that this will cut down on the breathability of the fabric at the point of the pocket attachment.

Thank you,

Kathy

My 30/30 came today--nice suit and a great price(I found a new one on the Factory Seconds list). I'm a stock Medium in my TLS350 and this one is a Medium too. It fits well, but is cut much slimmer. I tried it on with a double layer fleece suit from Pinnacle, but will probably only be wearing it with a single layer of fleece--the double layer underwear is a little snug. I'm looking forward to wearing it in Florida in the fall and the cenotes when I return to Mexico for Full Cave next spring.

Probably a stupid question but how does the suit breath on the surface yet stays dry below?

Seems to be a Gore-Tex like fabric. There have been a number developed since the patent on Gore-Tex expired. There is a layer with pores too small for water droplets to pass, but more than large enough for water vapor to be pushed through by the body heat from the wearer. (Talk about feeling old, I remember when Gore-Tex first came out!)

Probably a stupid question but how does the suit breath on the surface yet stays dry below?

Like a thermos... keeps hot stuff hot, keeps cold stuff cold.

But how do it know?

:shocked2:

Like a thermos... keeps hot stuff hot, keeps cold stuff cold.

But how do it know?

:shocked2:

Probably the same way Tide keeps your whites whiter and your brights brighter!

Technology is a wonderful thing! to all of you who posted here about how awesome your 3030s are, please send us some pictures! We would love to highlight 30/30 divers on the DOG of the Week part of the website. Thanks for all the feedback.

Faith

Jessie, thought that i would share some thoughts after my 1st 9 dives in the Philippines:
- 30/30SE with cave cut wearing 100gram stretchliner.
- Water and air temp was 30C or 86F.
- 1st time diving dry in 10 years (other suit is a TLS350 for cold UK waters.
- Took 3 dives to get my weights and buoyancy under control. Now perfect.
- A Dry Suit in warm waters gets some strange looks...so what! I get cold even in watm water.
- A bit awkward putting suit on while on the local boats which all have little space.
- The last 6 dives went without a hitch and more enjoyable dry. Excatly what i wanted.

If i had to do it again:
- I would pass on the sole boots and go with ankel seals. I will get used to boots.
- The 2 pockets were a good idea but did not get much use and maybe i do not need. Will keep anyway.
- The p-valve did not get a workout but when i do deco in future this will be useful feature.
- I should have gotten the zipper relief zipper as an optioin as i will get more use with that. Maybe i will add one day.

- The zip seals for the neck and wrists are excellent and i have no fear of a loss as i keep spares with me.

- As it was warm, i had no issue keeping the suit on with the front zipper openned. That was nice and i did not overheat as i was concerned about that.

- The cave cut made it a streamlined suit. Would recommend that for others.

In conclusion, excellent product, perfect fit and i like it. This will get alot of use.

Hi Bronson,

I apologize for my delay in response...I am just returning from being on maternity leave.

Thank you so much for your information on diving your 3030 in the Philippines! I know it will be useful to other divers. Remember, we can always put the ankle seals back on and remove the pockets at any time if you choose to do so!

Thanks again! You rock!
Jessica

Back
Top Bottom