3 weeks of Oz!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquamaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got back to GA after 3 weeks of Diving in West Australia......where do you start!!!!!!

I guess Im going to have to do a trip report.

Had a great time, Feds at LAX loved me...NOT!!!! (more on diving gear and baggage later).

Glad to be back, cant wait to get back to the quarry...groan...

Good to see DIR and Political debates still running strong on the board, some things will never change.

Dave

HI Dave:
Welcome back! I'm looking forward to reading your report.
Please post it over in the Oz forum, and I'll move this over there too, after you've read it.
Thanks!

:sunny:

Being a former west aussie girl, I look forward to reading about your trip.

I'm doing my ow in a couple of weeks and cant wait to head home for a visit to check out the diving there.

I only wish i had gotten my butt into gear and done it while it was on my doorstep!

I'm coming to Oz this summer - end of June, for a couple of weeks. I too am looking forward to your report.

Caymaniac :)

I'm going to Australia for 3-4 weeks either in June or August, look forward to your trip report. How much does airfare run from the east to west? Do you fly into Perth to get to Exmouth? Do you drive from Perth to Exmouth or fly as well?

h3O -
You will really need to shop around for airfares and packages as they vary wildly. Virgin Blue offers some great no-frills fares but you gotta be quick to get them. Flying internally in Australia is EXPENSIVE so be prepared for that. If you drive from perth to Exmouth it is about 1200km which is about 12 hours straight through - remember to switch drivers, stop and rest and stretch and get fuel as fuel stations are few and far between.

Go to www.skywest.com.au for flight details from perth to learmonth (Exmouth's airport). You must connect in perth from anywhere to get to Exmouth. Plan a day in Perth as most flights don't connect...I think there is one early a.m. flight from Sydney on one day of the week that does... If you PM me I can give you some details on agents that can give you a great deal on airfare/accommodation packages...much better than you will get by booking through any other sources.

June will get you the whale sharks, mantas and beginnings of Humpbacks. Most whale sharks will be gone by August, but mantas and humpies will be around. Fewer people on Ningaloo Reef in June - July has WA school holidays.

Good luck with your planning and I'll be looking forward to your trip report!

thanks for the info =)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom