3 new forums and our first group...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
In response to user requests and in order to keep Scubaboard growing at it's current pace, we are proud to announce three new forums...

Scouts in Scuba (& Other Youth Groups)
Single Divers
Wreck Explorations and Expeditions

We also added in an opt in public "group" for the Singles forum. Those who want to access it can, and those who do not, can't. To enter the Single Divers forum, you will have to go to "My Account" (the User's CP). On the left under Miscellaneous, they will find a link to Group Memberships where they can "opt in" to the Singles group.

Regarding the Singles Group:

One of the tricks our new software allows for is public groups which anyone can join but you aren't a member of by default. This forum has a custom set of permissions that allows only those members in the "Singles" group to read general messages so if you want in follow these instructions:

1) Go to http://www.scubaboard.com/profile.php?do=editusergroups
2) Select "join this group" for the Single user group

That's all it takes to join the group and see this forum; there is no waiting for moderator approval or anything of that sorts, 2 steps and you're in so tell your friends and tell anyone who you think might be confused about how to get in "here".

There is one final feature you can enable for this group, a new user title.
When the groups page loads (after you join the group) you will have the option of showing up under your current group (member, senior member, etc...) or selecting your new group title for under your posts. If you select "Identify me as a member of this group " for the Single user group your title will change to Single Diver in your profile and your posts.

Yeah, when did this "Scuba Instructor" title start popping up??? I noticed today that it says that under my name... (I am one, but I didnt put it there...).

please do expound on the Single Divers : what does it mean 'single divers' , solo divers or those who don't have a buddy? isn't it the same?

How about a forum for recipies? I'm sure some folks out there eat what they catch...

Back
Top Bottom