3 Mile Barge &The Dredge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GulfDiver77

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
PaulWall,WJefferis,Amadeus98, DM John,two others( don't remember the names sorry) and me went out to 3 mile barge first on Gary's Boat. It was great vis probably 20-25ft. There were a ton of fish on the barge:Sheepshead,Anglefish, Spades,Redfish,Grouper. Then we went onto the dredge viz was about the same not as many fish but there were some big Sheepshead grouper and I believe I saw a couple of Redfish. It was an awesome trip I enjoyed the company of divers that I met today. I also appreciate Gary ,He did a Heck of a job today and I look forward to going on more trips with him. Our DM John did a heck of a job also.

I definitely had a great time. I downloaded my dive log from my dive computer and it showed that the temp was 59* at my max depth of 40 fsw on three mile barge and the same water temp on the dredge at 30 fsw. I really enjoy seeing all the fish, too bad I didn't have a speargun I would definitely be eating some fresh fish right now. Oh well, I look forward to diving with all of you again sometime. I took a bunch of pictures and I plan on getting them developed Sunday morning. If they turn out decent I will post them to my gallery and let you guys know so you can check them out.

This trip was the one that was suppose to have been Ft. Pickens but the Divers on the Boat chose to change the location dew to the brisk wind and the direction it was blowing.
We had a great group of 5 Scuba and one Free diver on board and everyone seemed to have a good time.

Sounds like the temps were not any better than what we had yesterday at ABWA. Check out the trip reports posted on this thread.

BTW it was a "Dive and Dine" as most of us stayed at Tacky Jacks and ate.
(Where the Cat-N-Around is going out of at the present time)

I entered a few of my pics from the dive for you guys to look at. Just click on my gallery section. They are not my best work, but enjoy :D .

Yes I have to agree the company was great and the diving too. Im pleased to meet some of the divers from this board. Everyone was great and i hope to join you all again on many more dives. WARNING!!!!! DIVERS BEWARE the nachos from Tacky Jacks are friggin huge do not order for just your self.. bring along a friend..lolol
I have to give a great shout out to the crew from Garys Gulf dive shop, that did a great job and i would recommend them to all. Thanks guys you did a great job. Once again it was great to meet you all and i look forward to our next dive adventure.
Andreas

Sounds like a great trip! I'm glad you guys had a good time. I'm also glad you carried on the tradition of the Dive n Dine!! Good for you!! I "guess" I'll let you have one without me since we had a schedule conflict between the north and the south....but our next one will have to be a joining of the two.....sounds like an interesting theme for our next dive n dine:D

algulfdiver:
BTW it was a "Dive and Dine" as most of us stayed at Tacky Jacks and ate.
(Where the Cat-N-Around is going out of at the present time)

Gary, that sounds like the making of a great Dive and Dine...dive and then step right off the boat and dine!!

Back
Top Bottom