3 instructors near miss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And you wonder why I'm a stickler for "torque to specification"...

Yeah, we'll mention this. It's a very old issue that should only affect a MK20 that's been hidden in a closet for fifteen years. It was sortof a design flaw that didn't account for shop monkeys overtightening yoke bolts. Scubapro redesigned the bolt. I'll send you the Service Bulletin, although I think it's here on the Board somewhere.

Whomever used this reg had ignored a critical service bulletin from over a decade ago. As @runsongas pointed out above, any Scubapro tech should have seen the red flag with three vents in a Mk20 saddle.

This one was reported, thank you. I wonder how many other brands/stages are not reported.

This one was reported, thank you. I wonder how many other brands/stages are not reported.
You'd hear about this kind of thing. Literally explosive.

I wouldn't be too quick to judge - As has been said, I too have seen a saddle re-used......

:holysheep: @abnfrog - you still try to find ways of injuring yourself.....

be safe my friend. Hoping Justin opens the door soon for a visit....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom