3-4 weeks December/January - suggestions please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The reason I was referring to a cheaper transfer is the folks at PDR told me that the Hilongos ferry (Gloria) has an associatated shuttle which drives past Padre Burgos.
Which meant I did not have to pay for a whole vehicle on my own (the bane of travelling solo).

But thanks for the Ubay suggestion, xrcjdx, I will speak to PDR.. it looks to be a few hours less traveling!

Glad to hear you have a firm plan in place and it sounds pretty good to me---did you manage to rearrange your accommodations in Dauin? I hope you enjoy Dauin as much as I did--I fell in love with the small town as much as the diving there. I'm not much of a "muck" diver but went there mainly to dive Apo Island but getting more into the "muck" thing and finally bought a macro lens for my camera and will get to try it out there next month. Once you get to Manila (if you arrive at terminal 1) hustle yourself over to terminal 3 for your flight to Duma--it's clear on the other side of the airport but they have shuttles that can get you over there--leave at least three hours (four is better) between flights. Wherever you are staying in Dauin should be able to pick you up at the airport (usually a 600 pesos fee) for the 25 minute or so ride to Dauin. Either Phil Air or Cebu Pacific should have some early morning flights that get you into Duma in time to start your diving that day. I'll be looking forward to reading your trip report on all your experiences in the Philippines! Enjoy and good diving!

Yes, I managed to get a short booking in Dauin around the dates I was looking,
Like I posted above, it means MUCH more travelling, but your comments (and those of others regarding Dauin) made me think perhaps it is worth it - although I AM worried about the crazy busy-ness of the ferries on 30 December...
The international flight arrives in Manila at 22:35 and the earliest flight I saw to Duma was after 4 so I shouldn't have problems making it...

Thanks for the input.. I will (HOPEFULLY) get some semi-decent shots to post...

Suggestion on the ferry to Bohol---have the resort you're staying at buy the ticket for you ahead of time or purchase it yourself once you get there before the day of departure which will save the hassle of waiting in line if you buy it at the terminal the day of departure. I do believe they have two scheduled departures everyday. I've never bought ferry tickets ahead of time on-line so maybe that's a option which you said you already looked into.

bshort4 - I will chat to the resort if I have hassles booking online closer to the time.

For now, my flights are booked and paid for so ITS HAPPENING!!!!

Hi folks. So Cebu Pacific have royally messed up my plans - 2 days ago they sent an "advisory" that my carefully scheduled flight has been moved 7 hours later - destroying my first day's diving.
Also I see from their FB page they have done this to a lot of people, so I'm now really reluctant to trust that even the revised flight may happen. Is there anyone here who is actually in PI who can call them to arrange a refund because it seems they do not respond to FB or online replies? Please PM me.. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom