3/15 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Photos are from yesterday's dive at a location that has several Manta's present in the late afternoon.

Manta Ray
1.jpg

Manta Ray
2.jpg

Water looks cloudy for your pics - still no match for my particles :D.
Thanks for taking me on your dive!

Awesome photos!

Shaka Doug:
Haven't seen any manta's close to shore in a few months. Thanks for sharing!
I hung out about 15 minutes with a small manta, about 5 or 6' wingspan at Ulua on Monday, right around noon. On the NE area of the outer reef, where you end up if you take the sand channel north from the south side of the outer reef. Very busy feeding on all that small stuff that made for low viz on Monday. Didn't pay any attention to me after the first few passes and I was able to move right in underneath his feeding pattern.

Monday was also the day I saw about 8 milkfish/bonefish/ladyfish in the area just north of the small reef that connects inner and outer.

About a week ago, I was seeing an eagle ray pretty consistently in the N. side of outer reef.

We may have even crossed paths a few times underwater this week. I've been playing around mapping Ulua. Monday I did 1:45 dive starting at 8:40A, and then 1:51 starting at 11:28A. Beanie, blue fins, solo, and most of the time either counting frog kick cycles while staring at a compass, or scribbling notes in a little white notebook. I've seen your bus at Ulua a lot lately, but you have always been out diving when I come back in.

Charlie Allen

Very nice! Is that a second one off in the background in the lower picture?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom