2peice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noob2

Registered
Reaction score
hi i was wondering if someone could tell me what is the best 2 peice wetsuit for water tempeature of 40 to 50 f thanks mike

prolly 7 mil...

5 mil will be too cold, i think. but people are different

have you thought about a dry suit?

I have been very happy with my Akona 6.5 farmer john in water temps in the low 40s.

IMO A 7mm fullsuit with a hooded step-in shorty will be the most effective 2 pc wet protection, see BARE for an example. A John/Jacket/hood allws more water flow.

As a practical matter once you get down past 50F you are really pushing the capability of a wetsuit to protect you but within limits some divers can manage. If that's your frequent condition consider going dry.

Pete

spectrum:
IMO A 7mm fullsuit with a hooded step-in shorty will be the most effective 2 pc wet protection, see BARE for an example. A John/Jacket/hood allws more water flow.

As a practical matter once you get down past 50F you are really pushing the capability of a wetsuit to protect you but within limits some divers can manage. If that's your frequent condition consider going dry.

Pete
Agreed. I dove a 7mm full with 5mm hooded vest under the full suit for a long time in those conditions. It works but I get chilled, especially down close to 40F. THat's where the DS is really appreciated.

thanks for all of the responces so far and the water temp is closer to 50 on a normal basics

noob2:
thanks for all of the responces so far and the water temp is closer to 50 on a normal basics

If you have a chance to fill out your profile you could get better help.

As an asside if you happen to be in the northern hemisphere you are probably only 1/2 way through your winter cool down. Here in Maine we bottom out in late February.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom