2nd Stage Swivels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I put one on my M1 and my wife's M1. We dove with them in the Caribbean a few weeks ago and loved it. The swivel made a big difference with jaw fatigue.

iflyprops:
Has anyone tried putting one of those swivels on their hose right by the 2nd stage. I have an Atomic Z1 and sometimes I feel as if I am fighting the hose...

Thanks!

Atomic now has a second stage swivel that will work with the Z1. It prevents the binding and works very well. Check with your dive store.

Scott

I asked awhile back about the atomic swivel and the dive shop (that screwed me out of 200 bucks...but thats another story!) said it would cost $170 for just the parts which obviously I turned my nose up at! Any suggestions on swivels?

Thanks!

Captainsea:
40 in hose routed under arm, seacure mouthpiece and swivel. Will i ever go back to non-swivel? NEVER!!
This sounds like what I'm considering, but I haven't actually used a swivel yet. I assume the swivel in this case is a right-angle type so the hose ends up routed "down" toward your hips, yes?
herman:
The hose is routed under the right arm, across the chest, over the left shoulder and behind the neck with the hose entering the 2nd stage from the right. I know this may sound a bit strange but what it does is create a loop around the neck that moves with your head.
Doesn't this just keep the "tug" from changing as you move your head around? It seems like you'd just have a consistent pull to the right.
iflyprops:
...would cost $170 for just the parts which obviously I turned my nose up at! Any suggestions on swivels?
I did a quick search for "swivel" on ScubaToys.com and found nothing usefule, but on LeisurePro several adapters popped up including SKU: AQUS360 for $34.95 (other similar adapters were in the $25-$35 range) I think my LDS also had a swivel adapter on a rack for a similar price -- I'll have to look again next time I'm in.

-Rob

Yes the hose is right angled down toward the hip. movement is very free with just a slight pull "SOMETIMES" when you look up to see the boat hull. The swivel came from the LDS and ran about $45. I use An Akros Nitrox ready reg. and the swivel screwed right on .

I tried the 5' hose solution but found I still had pull so i put a swivel on. i went back to the octo hose under the arm w/ swivel and like it bettr. The only drawback to the swivel is that they are heavy - it may affect the way the reg sits in your mouth.

Before you buy swivels you might want to check your hose routing and the height of the tank in yiur BC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom