2nd stage inline tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hitchy

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hey
I just brought and received in the mail the "Innovative Scuba Concepts - professional scuba tool kit" it looks like a great tool kit.
Only one problem i can see so far, how do you use the hex inline adjustment tool? do i have to disassemble the slot inline adjustment tool and try to marry the 2 tools together?

any help would be great
cheers

Dual drive inline tool.PNG

Usually the hex end is flipped over in the tool holder... only takes a moment

Yeah the one in the kit isn't like that... I'll take some photos when I get home from work

It's hard to tell from the photos on the Innovative Scuba Concepts website, but it doesn't look like it has a hex adjuster and there's no information to say otherwise. Not helpful at all.

Yeah the innovative scuba concepts website is a real let down, doesn't have any information, the service team at diverightinscuba told me that it is an inline hex adjustment tool, any way here are a few pics, if you would like different pics or information on what I can see/feel/do or what ever just ask. The only reason I got this kit was because it had pretty much everything I need including a hex inline adjustment tool (or so I was told) so any help at all would be great

The 2 tools in question

Slot on top, hex on the bottom,
IMAG0320.jpg

Showing the ends that would go in to the reg, slot on right, hex on left. Both have holes for air flow
IMAG0321.jpg

The end that the hose should go on, again slot on right, hex on left. As you can see can't put a hose on the hex tool, it's just a nob no threads or even an opening of air flow
IMAG0322.jpg

Both tools have a small set screw, which is what makes me think I need to some how take them apart and marry them up, but notice the different sized shafts
IMAG0323.jpg

A close up of the thread end of the hex tool, the threads are way too small to screw in to a reg and in any rate they would screw in and not on to something, but you can clearly see the air flow holes
IMAG0324.jpg

After looking at these photos I'm starting to wonder if it's not a hex inline adjustment tool at all, but something else entirely lol.

Very strange looking!

I can see how the slotted tool works but not the hex fitting. It looks like it screws into something but what? and as you say there's nowhere for the hose to connect to it either, so how does air flow through it? weird!!!!!

Sorry I can't offer any suggestions, what I am seeing in the photos doesn't make sense to me.

I have the Apeks inline adjusting tool. Part AT72. Although it's from Apeks, it would work on any second stage regulator. It looks slightly different to yours.

IMG_0490.JPG

Second one looks like a "Balance Chamber Tool" used on Regulators like the G250HP, G500, and maybe others, not an orifice adjustment tool...... similar to this:

upload_2018-2-1_10-56-11.png

Works from the other side of the regulator.

I don't work on too many others than SP & HOG, but I believe there are brands that you tune from the other side (through a port or adjustment knob). As this is to be a "master kit", it is likely for multiple regulator brands. Sadly, it appears you do not have a hex inline tool for the orifice.....

Last edited:
Looks like two diffeent tools to me. One is for in-line adjustment of a second stage requiring a slotted adjustment, the other is for in-line adjusting an Oceanic swivel octo.
In-Line Adjuster For Oceanic Octo Swiv Second Stage
I don't think there is anything there to in-line adjust a second stage requiring a hex fitting.

Back
Top Bottom