2nd Stage ID?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rds4640

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know what 2nd stage this is? 80's era US Divers?

IZ5WJSq.jpg

Prosub xtra? There is currently an ebay listing with photo that looks like a match inside the second stage.

Looking at a few different Prosub second stages, it seems they sometimes copied unique design from other brands and then made a few changes. The Prosub Command Air seconds are almost identical to the Sea Hornet version, and once you get inside the Seapro MaxAir1 it was clearly inspired by Poseidon Cyklon second stage.

That's one of the worst 2nds ever I got to know and work on.
The components are lousy, the mechanic is lousy, the performance stays lousy whatever you try.
It disappeared with the introduction of the CE Norm in Europe in the beginning of the 90ties I think like many other lousy designs.
The only thing I kept of it is the weird screw in the plastic which loosened and fell off most of the times during service.
The screw and the nut form a perfect base for the o-ring which one might want to change in standard Inflator Hoses after the Schrader Valve is removed.
Unless for 'fun' in a pool don't thing about using it for serious diving!
It's a Prosub Avalon......

Back
Top Bottom