2nd best shorediving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The reason Bonaire is the #1 Shore Diving Destination is the world is very simple:

1. The entire west side of island is a continuous coral reef which is accessible from shore.
2. All dive ops on the island have an "unlimited shore diving" package, which means you pay a flat fee, pick up as many tanks as you want, return them for new tanks, 2 a day or 6 a day, it doesn't matter, all included in that flat fee.
3. All dives sites are marked with names on a rock painted yellow - you just drive down the oceanfront street, see a rock, pull over, unload gear and walk right into the water. Anywhere, anytime.
4. The dives on Bonaire are relatively easy. I mean that some dives sites are more challenging, due to current or entry/exit points are tricky but the MAJORITY of the dive sites are easy enough for a brand new diver. There is very little current at most sites so you walk right in water, pick your depth and head north or south, your choice, then you turn around and head back to your entry point. Very easy.
5. Most oceanfront resorts have a House Reef, which even has a chain with markers running out to reef. So you enter the water at their dock, follow chain out to reef, go left or right again, come back and look for the chain with markers to follow back in to your dock. Any idiot can dive the house reef at most of these resorts. It is BEGINNER 101 scuba navigation.

So that is my assessment... I have been to Bonaire, so I am speaking from experience.

I have a video showing how easy it is here:
[vimeo]3273329[/vimeo]

robin:D

robin:D

I'll throw in something completely different.... Southern Oman. I lived there for 2 years and shore dove pretty much every weekend. It was truely unique diving. We had to take 4WD trucks to most of the spots too! It's relatively unkown especially to Americans. I really miss diving there. Here is one of my videos from there. YouTube - ‪Diving Mirbat, Southern Oman‬‎

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom