2nd annual DDCN club dive, February 28th.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This will be the second year that we have scheduled this dive for members and non-members. The dive will take place at Captain Johns in Oronogo, Missouri. The gate will open at 9 am. We are expecting a good turnout, and I thought that I would announce the dive on this site, as well. If interested, please post or send me a PM so that we can get a half-way accurate head count. Thanks.

DW

So far it appears that we have around 20 divers from Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Michigan, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas.

DW

64109, hope that you can make it down!

Joshua, glad you are involved. Gonna be a great time!

DW

DW, I met you this last Summer at CJ's when I cam down with Maverick. I should have my gear back from being serviced and will be itching to get this years diving started. I will be sans a buddy but it sounds like this will not be too much of a problem. I have a new 7MM I need to break in and I am hoping that is enough protection. I'm generally very tolerant of the cold so I expect to be fine and either way I'm going for it! I figure learning about diving is best done underwater.

DW, I met you this last Summer at CJ's when I cam down with Maverick. I should have my gear back from being serviced and will be itching to get this years diving started. I will be sans a buddy but it sounds like this will not be too much of a problem. I have a new 7MM I need to break in and I am hoping that is enough protection. I'm generally very tolerant of the cold so I expect to be fine and either way I'm going for it! I figure learning about diving is best done underwater.

Hey JaxJags! Glad to hear that you are able to make it to Oronogo on the 28th! I know DW is pulling together T-shirts for the event. $15. If you want one, PM him your size and color (white or gray are the going choices) and your homestate and first name.

As to finding buddies no problem there either. Looks like there will be two major dive groups - a few people are going deep, but the majority of people are going to be sticking in the 60 and above diving range. We have lots of onsie and twosey's coming, so you definitely won't have any problem finding someone who matches your diving skill to dive with.

From what I have heard, the water temps will be a constant 50 degF. If we are lucky the surface air temps will be in the upper 50s or greater. We will have a few tents and campers on the site for changing and warming up, and there are other wet divers. I believe someone is pulling together a way to boil water (using a turkey fryer) so people diving wet can warm up their suits.

See you there!
gNats

Jax, did we meet at C&J's or Oronogo? I am thinking that it must have been Oronogo. I was only on Beaver Lake last February. After that the conditions were as bad as what I can get local.

Anyway, glad that you are going to be coming down to dive with us. As gNats said, there will be a great group of divers from all different skill levels. You will not be left out in the cold as far as a buddy is concerned.

Hope to hear from you and dive with you on the 28th.

DW

Back
Top Bottom