288 lake to close

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiveBait

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Sad news.

288 lake to close at the end of the year. The property is under contract and will be sold.

I got my OW here and dove it frequently year round. Sorry to see it go.

That's too bad. I did my Rescue Diver there back in April this year.

I did my AOWD in Mammoth Lake back in 2015, before they closed it.

That's too bad. I did my Rescue Diver there back in April this year.

I did my AOWD in Mammoth Lake back in 2015, before they closed it.

Is anyone else noticing a trend??? :)
We all got our OW cents at 288. It is a murky, clear, odd, intimidating and fun place. Will be a bit sad to see it go.

So basically if I ever want to make a dive or two while visiting family down that way....I'm SOL. Without driving to Huntsville.

There's Lake Longhorn in League City as well, plus there's Twin Lakes if you want some zero viz training, lol.

Wife and I got our OW there, no attachment to it, just one less place. Once Southwest gets their flights to Cozumel up, then prices on American will fall, so just more weekend trips to better dives

Yep got my OW there as well and yep it was cold(51Deg ) murky Viz less than 1.5 feet. But learning to dive there makes diving anywhere else seem way better lol …..Gonna be sad to see it go away ..:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom