283 meters (928.5 feet) on DualRebreather in Dahab, Egypt.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mirekW

Registered
Reaction score
From Rebreather World: General Rebreather Diving - Rebreather World 283 meters (928.5 feet) on DualRebreather in Dahab, Egypt.
November traditionally is a month when we are training deep dives. This time main reason is to prepare team and equipment for winter exploration of Hranicka Propast in Chech Republic. Last deep dive there I completed in 2000 reaching 180 meters on OC and I discovered huge further explorations possibilities. Just not on OC☺. This cave easily can surpass 300 meters and such depth presents new challenges for our team and equipment. Fortunately last few weeks spend in Egypt was able to prove that my DualRebreather is ready and several deep dives trained our team to work as one cohesive unit. Now we have somewhat clearer picture what can be expected on depths below 250 meters. Egypt is excellent training ground for deep diving. Warm Read Sea waters with easy access to deep sites (shore diving with no need to charter boats); friendly Planet Divers Dahab providing tanks, gases and logistics. In short: all we need to succeed. Day after day we were performing deeper and deeper dives. Any free time we were spending training emergency procedures. Finally on November 2nd last dive to depth of 283 meters (928.5 feet) with total run time of 9 hours. All dives were completed in Blue Hole, every time I was swimming there from The Bells on 100 meter depth using scooter lend by Polish divers from Olsztyn; thank you my friends! More details and video from this dive will be available soon on www.dualrebreather.com Team: Krzysztof Starnawski - diver, Dual Rebreather HammerHead, Irena Stangierska - photo and support, sidemount Eques, Marek Klyta - support, rebreather Hammerhead, Grzegorz Rutkowski - support, rebreather HammerHead, I would like also say thanks to Wiesiek Zahor who joined us on last day and provided topside support for our team. Krzysztof Starnawski
283m%20%2821%29.jpg
283m%20%2828%29.jpg
283m%20%282%29.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom