27 - female -solo - ambergris caye?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greenwich, England was chosen as the Prime Meridian (the median point of Longitude, 0 degrees) in 1884. The need for a central point for calculating time became more crucial in the 19th century as transportation became faster and faster. Greenwich was the home of the Admiralty (the Royal Navy's headquarters) and the Royal Observatory which straddled the line between the western and eastern hemispheres.

freefall2:
Greenwich, England was chosen as the Prime Meridian (the median point of Longitude, 0 degrees) in 1884. The need for a central point for calculating time became more crucial in the 19th century as transportation became faster and faster. Greenwich was the home of the Admiralty (the Royal Navy's headquarters) and the Royal Observatory which straddled the line between the western and eastern hemispheres.
Interesting historical point, of which I was aware. But doesn't alter the fact that Europeans regard themselves as being in the West, not the East.

See my post on BELIZE under BELIZE. I went with a DM, that hung out by himself most of the time, so it was as good as being alone. I would walk into town by myself at night, and everyone smiled and greeted me. I even walked home alone along the beach in the dark and made it home safely.

Belize City is more dangerous. San Pedro is a sleepy town.

DiveGirl55:
See my post on BELIZE under BELIZE. I went with a DM, that hung out by himself most of the time, so it was as good as being alone. I would walk into town by myself at night, and everyone smiled and greeted me. I even walked home alone along the beach in the dark and made it home safely.

Belize City is more dangerous. San Pedro is a sleepy town.
That's true - got to love a town that has it's bottled water and beer delivered on a wagon pulled by a John Deere tractor, but I heard they pave front street since I was there. :crafty:

It's also true that bad guys drop in on sleep villages like the one I live. I brother saved an elderly lady a few years ago who'd be kidnapped from her local home, beaten & robbed, then left to die afoot on a road behind one of our remote farms. He just happen to go that way that day, as he does maybe once a month.

Anyway, use reasonable prudence. You will not be in Kansas anymore...

Back
Top Bottom