27 - female -solo - ambergris caye?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cm77

Reaction score
So, here's my story - the abridged version... I took a resort scuba class in cancun a couple of years ago. Then in april went back to the same dm who took fantastic care of me.. got my cert. out on the reefs and then went to some cinotes -BEAUTIFUL. best experience EVER. This DM was so awesome that it was always just he and I.. I've never dived with a group, and never with a buddy that wasn't a dive master. I am only 2 dives past my cert. I have no pals to dive with, but I adore the sport. I have vacation coming up in nov. and want to spend it diving... I thought Belize would be great considering. you know best diving in the western hemispher they say. So here are my issuses - Not only am I totally uncertain that this is the place for a solo traveler to go - but am subsequently at a loss for hotel. (I'm used to pampering. - sorry but it's the truth). I also would love to find a dive shop to give me that personal attention and care that I need when it comes to diving..being inexperienced - but interested giving the comfort - on going on all sorts of dives. And would hate to miss the Atolls and the blue hole... (weather permitting) . I woud very much appreciate any advice. . Xtine - nyc

You can always Hire a DM, that kind of attention can be bought. Perhaps one will become enamored with you and shower you with attention and excitement just to be around you and impress you.

...or you could try a Liveaboard...

Pampered, catered to, hand holding by a divemaster at anytime you so desire.

Maybe the Nekton Pilot in November...possibly the 13th.

Last I checked there were only four of us.

sounds like and invitation to me :)

First, who is the necton pilot.. second -- is there a stigma associated with handholding between a dm and a diver. can you elucidate on that for me lol ..

Pampered, catered to, hand holding by a divemaster at anytime you so desire.

Maybe the Nekton Pilot in November...possibly the 13th.

Last I checked there were only four of us.[/QUOTE]

nekton pilot is a liveaboard dive ship kinda thing....i have not gone, but i think it is a good idea for you since you are traveling alone. although I did not have a problem when I was in belize, a couple years ago i think a girl got killed in her hotel room while on ambergris caye, the story was in cosmo and they warned females traveling along, and in that case she was with another friend.

ouch. certainly don't want to get slain alone on vacation.... live aboard prolly isnn't the right scene for me... ill like cushier digs... much learning to do.... nyc isn't the best place to get regular practice...

Well, here is my personal story from Ambergris Caye, last June: http://scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=62140&highlight=pro+tech

Therein, you'll see that Aquarmarina Suites is a very nice condo hotel. I'm sure they could pamper you to your specs if you were willing to pay a little extra for personal attention.

You'll see that I think that AquaDives is the worst operator possible;

But Pro Tech is a delightfully superior operation;

But additional seraching here will find that Amigos Del Mar is also highly regarded.

Have a good trip, and tell us about it. :biggrinba

cm77:
ouch. certainly don't want to get slain alone on vacation.... live aboard prolly isnn't the right scene for me... ill like cushier digs... much learning to do.... nyc isn't the best place to get regular practice...

live aboards are pretty cushy from what I have seen of them. someone will jump in and explain them to you, but do a search on the net and see what they look like.

Back
Top Bottom