26650 Batteries & Charger... Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just ordered 4 x Shockli 5500mAh from AliExpress. $33.48, including PayPal fees and shipping.

US $11.45 42% OFF|Shockli 26650 5500mAh lithium battery 3.7V 5500mAh 26650 li ion rechargeable batterie 30A for high power flashlights Emisar D4s-in Rechargeable Batteries from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Unfortunately, it says I will receive them "by December 16". Hmph. Hopefully, it doesn't actually take that long, but not a problem if it does.

I went after the same deal. $3 worth of coupons popped up so total was $30.37

Great find! Now we just have to wait.....and wait...................and....wait....

I received my 4 x Shockli 26650 batteries.

So far, I am impressed. I have completed a Charge Test on 2 of them, using my Opus charger/tester. Those 2 tested out at 5900 and 6000 mAh! The other 2 are in the tester right now. It's charging and discharging at 500mA, so the test takes a while...

I got the KeepPower 5500 (cancelled the order on the older ones and waited). I also have the NiteCore i4. Let me know if there is a way to run a test if you want numbers on how these perform.

My other 2 Shockli's just finished their Charge Test. They also tested one at 5900 and one at 6000.

I should have done this the first time, so I'm doing it now. I am re-running the first two now with a charge/discharge rate of 1A, instead of 500mA. 1A is the highest my Opus will go.

Stuart, have you tested them to see how long they will last in your d26 on full blast yet?

My only 26650 batts are "evva" 5200mah cells. Here's a review of that battery: Test/Review of Evva 26650 5200mAh (Black) I can confirm that it tests around 5200mah.

I use a liitokala engineer lii-500 charger https://www.amazon.com/LiitoKala-Lii-500-Battery-charger-capacity/dp/B073R7VCMZ

It has four battery slots, but I'm not sure you could get four 26650's in it at once. I only have two of the 26650's so I've never tried four.

I got both the 26650's and the charger from http://www.mtnelectronics.com

I've been very happy with a Miboxer C4 charger. They are available on Amazon.

Miboxer C4-V3 |18650 Battery Charger|Smart Charger|Where There is MiBoxer There is Power|smart 12v battery charger,smart aa battery charger|MiBoxer Charger

It was well reviewed when I initially researched it and it has behaved like a quality product since.
Most notably, it is line voltage (90-260VAC) straight in - no power brick to deal with.

The company has some other options too with up to 8 batteries and additional features.

Stuart, have you tested them to see how long they will last in your d26 on full blast yet?

I have not. If I find some time to do that, I will post the results.

Received my batteries yesterday as well. They were really well packaged. I have not had a chance to play with them. Kids and Halloween took precedence.

I re-ran the charge/test cycle on all 4 of my new Shockli's. This time using 1A for the charge/discharge current.

All 4 tested out between 6000 and 6200 mAh.

Nice!

Thanks again for the tip, @runsongas!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom