26650 Batteries & Charger... Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@CaveSloth

depends on the driver, emitters, and the battery setup. estimating that the 2600 lumens is theoretical, 650 lumen per xm-l2 is 1.7A to 2.5A depending on binning. with 4 batteries, that runs the same amperage draw as long as the wiring isn't done weirdly. 2 batteries, you have to double the amperage draw.

@stuartv

depends on the amperage draw, but they consistently outperform the older soshines, especially once you go above 2A draw. at low discharge, most reports get 5600mah+

the shockli 5500mah is also another newer cell that outperforms the soshines. at low discharge, those are up to 5800 mah.

the real benefit of the newer cells is high draw applications. the soshine can drop to 4800 mah if you have a >2A continuous draw whereas the newer cells only drop to maybe 5300mah.

depends on the amperage draw, but they consistently outperform the older soshines, especially once you go above 2A draw. at low discharge, most reports get 5600mah+

the shockli 5500mah is also another newer cell that outperforms the soshines. at low discharge, those are up to 5800 mah.

the real benefit of the newer cells is high draw applications. the soshine can drop to 4800 mah if you have a >2A continuous draw whereas the newer cells only drop to maybe 5300mah.

Nice! 5800 would be a nice, useful improvement over 5300, for sure.

I'm not sure I have an application that requires high draw, though. I have not done the math. Would an Xtar D26 1600 (uses a Cree XHP35) with one 26650 battery in it be drawing 2A or more?

@stuartv

i have roughly 3.33A for the best possible binning based on the cree spec sheet, but confirm with xtar

cree has 1600 lumen at roughly 1A and 12V for the their top binning of the xhp35

@stuartv

i have roughly 3.33A for the best possible binning based on the cree spec sheet, but confirm with xtar

cree has 1600 lumen at roughly 1A and 12V for the their top binning of the xhp35

Gotcha. So, 3.33A at 3.7V (from a single 26650). Makes sense. Thanks! I guess I should shop for some Shockli's to try...

I bought KeepPower 5200mAh from illumn.com. I will be charging them in a Nitecore i4 (2 will fit in the outer slots).

those should work well, just bear in mind the 5200mah is the 2015 design, 5500mah is the newer 2017/2018 design. and make sure to double check if you need protected/button type with the light you plan to use them in.

those should work well, just bear in mind the 5200mah is the 2015 design, 5500mah is the newer 2017/2018 design. and make sure to double check if you need protected/button type with the light you plan to use them in.

Interesting... the 5500 are actually $1 cheaper on illumn.com. I wonder why?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom