25W LED Canister Light Project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

350xfire

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
So I finally got the time and desire to finish this one. Based on the SST-90 LED which at 7 amps produces approximately 2000 lumens. Also uses an H6CC driver that runs about 6.7 amps.
Heatsink:
SST-90Heatsink-2.jpg

Driver heat sink:
H6CCHeatSink-1.jpg

Mag head almost ready:
MagHeadAlmostComplete-1.jpg

Head laid out:
DiveMagSST90Layout-1.jpg

Nice. Please show us a couple of beam shots when it's done.

Henrik

Here is a link to my Photobucket:
Beam shots pictures by 350xfire - Photobucket
All pics shot with my Canon DSLR camera about 15' from the wall. The screen in the background is about 96". I tried messing with camera settings but in the end left it in flash off mode. It seemed to give me the closest picture to actual. There are 2 sets one a high res and one a lower res for my website.
Thanks
Hector

Wow, very bright. It seems like you got the beam nicely tight and focused as well.

Henrik

Yeah it's decent for as big of an LED as it is... The spot is about twice the size of the P7 but nice and round with spill.
Thanks

One of my friends built a 25 watt LED that is not as tight of a beam as my Salvo 21 watt HID but for night diving I think his is a nicer light having slightly more spill.

I will watch this thread as we may well be shopping for a new light head to replace a Helios 18 watt HID.

One of my friends built a 25 watt LED that is not as tight of a beam as my Salvo 21 watt HID but for night diving I think his is a nicer light having slightly more spill.

I will watch this thread as we may well be shopping for a new light head to replace a Helios 18 watt HID.

I just fired it up tonight and I have to say, the more I look at it the more I like it. It has a big hot spot with a bunch of spill... I will dive this weekend and see how it soes.
Thanks
Check out beam shots at tlslights.com

OK, so took it to the rock quarry yesterday. I have to say, this light is not bad at all. We had baout 10-15' of vis and the light did quite well. Now, i would not run this light in less than 10' of vis or so because the back scatter will probably become annoying. But, for clear water, this light is great!

Nice :)
What do you think the beam spread is with the Aspheric lens?
Or how is it size wise compaired to the other shots

Nice :)
What do you think the beam spread is with the Aspheric lens?
Or how is it size wise compaired to the other shots

It's about 3 times the size of an SSC P7 LED or may be 3.5-4 times the size of a Cree MCE. Look at tlslights.com for beam shots.
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom