25 Mantas on Kona Night Dive, May 22nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went with Wanna Dive, because I'm not a fan of cattle boats either. GREAT op. We saw 12 rays I think, some of which were huge. I bought the DVD of it also, pretty cool.

I'll definitely put Wanna Dive on our list to try out next time we're in Kona.

You lie. You all lie. Mantas don't exist. It's a worldwide practical joke aimed it me. and you are all in on it. How else can you explain four dedicated Manta trips without a single one showing up?

They are fake, like the Yeti, Sasquatch and Loch Ness Monster, that video is of divers in rubber suits flapping their arms. I'm on to you people...

Z...

You lie. You all lie. Mantas don't exist. It's a worldwide practical joke aimed it me. and you are all in on it. How else can you explain four dedicated Manta trips without a single one showing up?

They are fake, like the Yeti, Sasquatch and Loch Ness Monster, that video is of divers in rubber suits flapping their arms. I'm on to you people...

Z...

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Z...

LOL!
4 dedicated trips and no mantas? I am sorry for you! Maybe they just don't like you.

Z...

One thing that might help is DO NOT bring a camera. Camera’s are a sure fire way to insure unique marine sightings will no show up for many people.:wink:

Scubagolf,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us! We have had some really great manta shows lately. Believe it or not...there have been a couple of nights with over 25 mantas! It's pretty unbelievable.

Jack's has several boats that it uses for this trip. A couple of our boats would take up to 12 divers in two groups. Our largest boat would take up to 18 divers in three groups. We take up to 6 divers in each dive group. (On very rare occasion, we have had 7 in a group.) We also have a boat that would take up to 10 divers in two groups.

We look forward to diving with you again!

Mahalo, Angela and the staff of Jack's

Last edited by a moderator:

Z...

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Twenty-six days and we will be there. The manta dive is on our list.

The newest issue of Sport Diver has an article on Kona, I just skimmed the picutres and put a few more dive sites on our list. We'll be there for two weeks so might just do Wanna Dive and Jack's, we'll post a review when we get back.

Back
Top Bottom