25.02.06: Diver missing off Bondi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rigdiver:
200fsw=tec dive.

there are still lots of people that dive that deep on air. stupid yes, but widly practiced. 200ft does not a tec dive make.

hi guys,

still no official police reports about this diver but locally we have been told that the diver was Lewis Gavin. He was lost at sea whilst preparing for a dive on the Encounter, on Saturday morning.

there is NOTHING else known about his dive as yet.

according to a friend of hubby's some of Lewis' qualifications are: BSAC Advanced Diver, BSAC Instructor, IANTD Adv Nitrox, PADI Instructor, Staff Inst & Dan Inst, Tri Mix Qual

Condolenses to his fiance Zoe. Some friends of mine knew him well and are hurting right now so again, until confirmed info is released - there is nothing else to say right now.

Lewis was a good friend of mine who I went to university with. One of my other friends has flown out to help with the search. Apparently he was diving with a rebreather and passed out during the dive. There was a strong current running at the time and no search dives have turned up anything yet.

I'll post if I find any more info out but it's emotional for all of us at present.

Hello Stephen, my sympathies to Lewis' family and friends

i wish them all the strength they need to get thru this

LSL

IMHO 233 feet IS A TECH DIVE no matter how you cut the cards My condolences to the family and friends.

Amphibious:
there are still lots of people that dive that deep on air. stupid yes, but widly practiced. 200ft does not a tec dive make.
It's well beyond your Naui recreational teaching limits, is it not...?
diverrick:
IMHO 233 feet IS A TECH DIVE no matter how you cut the cards My condolences to the family and friends.
I'd certainly agree. And this dive was on a rebreather, so yeah - pretty techie. But what's the point here...

Sad loss for such a young family man. Hope the best for the family, and - that we might learn from his loss someday....

diverrick:
Point made.. Sorry
Oh, I wasn't criticizing anything you said.

And we do tend to get a little touchy in this forum, I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom