24 hours in Singapore....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is turning into a typical Singapore discussion. The residents are famously picky about their food and everyone has favorites stalls or restaurants for each of the regional specialties.

If you have the time and interest, it's worth the effort to seek out the various spots and build your own list. But for a jetlagged tourist who also wants to see some of the city, it's all likely to be too much. I recommended Telok Ayer/Lau Pa Sat because it has interesting architecture, the food is good enough to get Singaporean's general approval, and it's in a good location for a walking tour of the city.
Singaporeans do have that tendency.

You've made excellent suggestions. I am just an expat that's been here over a decade and bringing up different perspective that is all.

I'm fine with it, I like the banter. We are not foodies and TBH we aren't all that adventurous with our food, so one hawker center with food we generally recognize will suffice for now . :)

I knew this thread title reminded me of something.

Don't bother with the Singapore Sling at Raffles.

Singaporeans do have that tendency.

You've made excellent suggestions. I am just an expat that's been here over a decade and bringing up different perspective that is all.
Thanks. I've only been there twice (picking up an expat friend on our way to Thailand for diving) and would not presume to answer on a more specific question, especially a foodie one.

I'm fine with it, I like the banter. We are not foodies and TBH we aren't all that adventurous with our food, so one hawker center with food we generally recognize will suffice for now . :)
Most Americans will find nearly everything easy to stomach. The oddball stuff is there, especially in the more Chinese-centered areas, but you almost have to look for it.
IMG_20180201_185953.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Back
Top Bottom