24 Hour Dive-a-Thon For Charity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bottle Diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
DIVE AROUND THE CLOCK
A 24 Hour Dive Marathon
Local Divers to Participate in 24 Hour Scuba Relay to Raise Money for Charity

Des Moines, WA – Over 100 divers will enter the waters of Redondo Beach in Des Moines over a 24 hour period this July 20 – 21, 2007 to raise money for Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center. Dive Around the Clock – A 24 Hour Dive Marathon, is a first of its kind charity event organized by TL Sea Diving of Des Moines, WA.

During Dive Around the Clock, 2 man buddy teams will be rotated every 30 minutes underwater to ensure that there are divers underwater continuously for a 24 hour period starting at 4:00pm on July 20.

Dive Around the Clock is being organized by TL Sea Diving - a PADI 5 Star Dive Center that has offered classes, travel and equipment sales since 1996. The event is the brainchild of TL Sea staff instructors Kyle Larson and Larry Trenda. Both men wanted to bring the Puget Sound Dive community together in order to give back to the community.

Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center was chosen as the beneficiary of Dive around the Clock. Founded in 1907 and celebrating 100 years of care, Children’s is ranked as one of the best children's hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report and Child magazines. Children's provides excellent patient care, conducts cutting-edge pediatric research and serves as the pediatric referral center for WA, AK, MT and ID.

To participate in Dive Around the Clock, divers will pay an entry fee and obtain pledges prior to the event. Kyle Larson, TL Sea Instructor, is excited about the fundraising possibilities. “I am very impressed with the dedication divers are showing to the event. Dive time slots are filling up and so are pledge sheets.”

For more information or to sign up your scuba buddy dive team, call TL Sea Diving at 206-824-4100.

-Valerie

We are hoping for a huge turnout here, and our goal is to get as many of the local dive shops and clubs involved as possible. This is NOT a store-specific event, but a FUNDRAISER for childrens cancer that promises to be a lot fun.

There are many ways in which you can help out besides diving; behind the scenes, helping man stations that day (we'll need registration people, runners, folks for the First Aid/Comfort station, folks to check divers in and out etc), helping present at the various local clubs. We want and need your involvement! Does anyone have any good contacts with the local media? Dive clubs? (well, besides this one, that is) Come on down!

I plan on diving several times during the 24 hours, and will also be responsible for organizing the First Aid/Comfort station. I'll need help so feel free to talk to me about this area.

Contact TL Sea diving 206-824-4100, PM myself or email me at ValcanERRN@aol.com for further details.

Thanks!

-Valerie

This sounds like a great event and going to a good cause. Good luck and I hope you all raise a bunch of money for the children's charity. :D

Mel

Sounds Great. I am getting a little tired of being support for the wife and Relay for Life. In fact that weekend she will be doing it again in Meridian Idaho. Maybe I'll take a trip to Des Moines. We can talk about it at the DEMP class on Saturday.

adios don O

Back
Top Bottom