20th Anniversary trip suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello-My husband and I are planning or 29th anniversary in December 2017. We are AOW with about 120 dives. We are not big thrill divers and don't like shark dives or other chumming experience dives. We like walls, and coral gardens; small critters for me. Big peligics for him. We have mostly dived in the carribean but would like something new. Think Roatan West End type place but not in the carribean.

What I'd like is a small island walking distance to dive shop with small boats. A small boutique resort or hotel with no more that 25 rooms. Walking distance to a cute town. 2 tank boat dives in the morning and a house reef in the afternoon. I'm
A chef so I'd like some decent food, but can be simple.

I'd like to get my nitrox certificate while there.
A direct flight from SFO and a budgeting about 5k including flight. No more than 8 days.

Thanks in advance

I know that you are looking for something other than the Caribbean, but you might want to take a look at the special being offered by all 3 of the all-inclusive Tibbetts Family Dive Resort on Little Cayman, Cayman Brac, Grand Cayman, see the link below.

The special runs from mid-November to mid-January and includes free Nitrox and free Nitrox certification. It also includes lodgings, food, diving, transfers, taxes, and hotel service charges. I suggest the Little Cayman Beach Resort, the boats aren't small but they're not cattle boats and valet diving is provided. It's a small resort (about 40 rooms) and you can walk to nearby Blossom Village, but it is much quieter than Roatan's West End.

You are likely to see some sharks but not many but plenty of groupers, turtles, eels, rays, other tropicals, and beautiful coral walls.

2 dives in the morning but no shore diving, but you can add-on a 1 tank afternoon boat dive for an additional fee. The food is buffet style but good.

You have to fly to Grand Cayman and then take a half-hour flight to Little Cayman.

We are going back there in the fall to celebrate our 40th Anniversary!

Free Diving, Nitrox, and Nitrox Certification*

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom