2022 Dive Goals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
CT-Rich

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
So, everyone finished the holiday ‘I was a good boy or girl’ gear purchases (don’t lie, you emailed links and it was paid for from a joint account). What did St Amazon deliver?

Now that you are tricked out as the scuba whore you really are, what are your gear/diving goals for 2022?

My 2022 (diving) schedule, so far:
Feb - Similan
Mar - Bimini
Jun - Cozumel
Aug - Sangalaki
Sep - Cocos
Nov - Ring of Fire
It’s February. As planned, I’m in Thailand, diving around Phuket. Will head out to Similan next week (sailing on tomorrow).

Shot frst 4K video with my GoPro 10:

Cave... and really just dive more. Its been so darn tough for me to get to the drink.

and dial in my ascents to perfect.

Shooting to get 200 dives in this year. My main goals are to get better at hunting, explore some lesser known dive sites in my area, make some new dive buddies, and maybe get a level 1 free diver cert this summer.

My goals now that Philippines and other countries are opening up to tourists with no quarantine is to start doing my regular 2 week dive vacations every 6 - 8 weeks or so. Bali is on at some stage when then make VOA and no quarantine available. My plan also to do the TDI Advanced nitrox and deco course. Maybe solo diver as well.

I have been alternating between training-focused years and diving years. I did a lot of training last season so this season I want to get in the water more. I am going to Isle Royale and the Straits of Mackinaw and doing tech and rec diving locally in Lake Erie. My new toy is a Blacktip scooter, so I'm going to have fun this season. I did the training a year ago, but I need plenty of familiarization and trigger time to get it integrated into my kit.

My goals every year are to dive every weekend the seas aren't too rough.
For this year I want to add some afternoon dives after work, we're almost mid February and only gone out on weekends, have to stop being lazy and taking for granted my backyard.

I don't have any scuba goals, only waterskiing goals

But doing TnC Aggressor and planning my annual pilgrimage to Cozumel.

Don’t want to jinx it , since in the last 2 yrs everything I’ve been excited about has crashed and burned , but hopefully will be able to start the cave diving journey in March , then would like to go for another round in May . Then would like to do a fun live aboard in fall . And try and do a bunch of lake diving this summer

A little late to this thread but here goes (some of these are already met).
1. Dive as much as possible. Hope to get to 200 dives. I ended last year with 118 and have 7 so far this year so 75 to go.
2. Go from jacket BCD to BP/W. Done! Just dove it for the first time this weekend will never go back to Jacket.
3. Do my rescue cert.
4.Kill lots of lionfish.

Get a couple students certified, not looking to put a bunch of people in the water. I have other things I want to do that have nothing to do with diving.
But dive more solo for myself, get rid of more excess gear, and start winding down the dive pro stuff. Its not as fun as it used to be.
Finish my novel based on the industry and its foibles, follies, and unsavory aspects of it. All fictional of course😉😳

Back
Top Bottom