2018 Rainbow Reef rEvo training course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you post the photos rather than a zip file? Zip files don’t work on mobile devices and are not a good thing to be downloading from unknown sources anyway.

Interesting marketing piece from Rainbow Reef. Why did you lose your instructor ratings in the first place?
I assume that the question refers to the fact that this shop was not allowed to teach rEvo for a while. If we are talking about the same incident, I can supply the answer. Under its original ownership, rEvo granted instructors exclusive rights to teach in a specific area. Under that philosophy, they could no longer teach because someone else had been granted a monopoly for instruction in that area.

No one lost their instructor ratings with their respective agencies it was simply a rEvo business model as John stated above, having to do with territories.

This training course was simply to add several of us back as instructors for the rEvo company.

Seems unlikely that multiple instructors would lose their ratings without something in addition to a territory dispute. Something about cutting the dead weight first comes to mind.

Seems unlikely that multiple instructors would lose their ratings without something in addition to a territory dispute. Something about cutting the dead weight first comes to mind.
Why is it unlikely? If one shop has a full monopoly on an area (Would you like its name?), then why would it seem unlikely that they would cut out their competition?

BTW, we had an entire thread on this a couple of years ago, with rEvo's then owner participating.

No need. I saw the thread while I was considering My rebreather choices. It steered me away from the revo. After what some of those involved said I'm surprised they were allowed back in.

No need. I saw the thread while I was considering My rebreather choices. It steered me away from the revo. After what some of those involved said I'm surprised they were allowed back in.

I don't think anyone here is surprised that you are magically steered away from the Revo after reading this thread. Based on your posts from the past couple of days, it's clear you signed up with Scubaboard just to malign Jim Wyatt and the shop he works with.

I have been a customer of Jim Wyatt's (and no, not through his 'IDC mill' as you call it) and can say that Jim is a man of high moral character, something that I cannot say about you.

You can’t teach a class if the manufacturer won’t sell you a rebreather. It had nothing to do with the certifying agency. Now that ownership has changed, it appears that the person responsible is no longer allowed to teach by the agency in question. The irony is 2 phreakin phunni.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom