2011 achievements and 2012 goals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whoops. Gotta take one of those 2012 goals off the list. The Long Beach Scuba Show takes place the same weekend we're already booked to Hawai'i. If I have the choice of scuba diving in Hawai'i, or looking at scuba stuff in California, I'll take the diving in Hawai'i any day.

2011 Achievements:
-Dove Utila and Bonaire
-Got Rescue and Nitrox certs
-Got my own dive gear (bc, reg and computer)
-logged 28 dives (was hoping for double that, but such is life)

2012 Goals:
-Dive Cozumel (plans are in the works)
-Do more local diving
-Double my current dive count total
-Divemaster internship

2011 Achievements:
- Got my AOW, Rescue Diver and Nitrox certs
- Dove Belize, Honduras, Cozumel
- started my DM

2012 Goals:
- Get my DM
- Dive Galapagos in April/May
- Dive Similans, Sidapan, Lembeh and Raja Ampat in Aug/Sept!!

2011 Achievements:
- Dove Sipadan, Mabul, Kapalai
- got a dive computer

2012 Goals:
- Dive Raja Ampat to Lembeh in March /April
- got a S95 to try some underwater photography
-

2011: I have remained upright and breathing in the morning. 2012: Hopefully, the same.

2011: Adv Nitrox / Deco Procedures and Intro to Cave
2012: Normoxic Trimix and Full Cave

Okay, had to bring this one back from the archives....

2011 - achievement: Ended an 8 year surface interval
failure: only got in 1 dive

2012 - goals: - a heck of a lot more dives (gee, really?)
- rescue diver certification
- getting my daughter (10 year old) certified
- family trip to somewhere warm (once above item is achieved)
- Tobermory

June, 2012 Update:

Can now check off Rescue Diver!!!!!! :banana: Had an absolutely outstanding (stressful, physical, emotionally draining, intense) weekend completing a NAUI Rescue Diver Course. As is always the case, the instructor, and the students make it. Four of us with a great teacher put it all together through some "interesting" diving. I wish my fellow classmates well. They showed they have what it takes! And kudos to the instructor for bring it out of us!!!

Now, as per the goals, on to more diving (deposit is payed for Tobermory), and Master Diver certification is now on the list (shop requires it for some of their trips, and also allows Master Divers to dive free on other activities).

Oh, and the BP/W and "long hose" was awesome!!! The instructor is also a caver and Tech Instructor, and when I showed up with my kit, his eyes sparkled. He took some time to go over it with the class to show some of the merits of it in the recreational diving arena, and then proceeded to break out his BP/W for the afternoon. My buddy also was quite impressed through some of the air share scenarios when we actually put it to use after our pre-dive planning and briefing. Yep, loving it!

Okay, had to bring this one back from the archives....

June, 2012 Update:

Can now check off Rescue Diver!!!!!! :banana: Had an absolutely outstanding (stressful, physical, emotionally draining, intense) weekend completing a NAUI Rescue Diver Course. As is always the case, the instructor, and the students make it. Four of us with a great teacher put it all together through some "interesting" diving. I wish my fellow classmates well. They showed they have what it takes! And kudos to the instructor for bring it out of us!!!

Now, as per the goals, on to more diving (deposit is payed for Tobermory), and Master Diver certification is now on the list (shop requires it for some of their trips, and also allows Master Divers to dive free on other activities).

Oh, and the BP/W and "long hose" was awesome!!! The instructor is also a caver and Tech Instructor, and when I showed up with my kit, his eyes sparkled. He took some time to go over it with the class to show some of the merits of it in the recreational diving arena, and then proceeded to break out his BP/W for the afternoon. My buddy also was quite impressed through some of the air share scenarios when we actually put it to use after our pre-dive planning and briefing. Yep, loving it!

Congratulations :)

May as well post mine

2011 Achievements
Two dive trips to Aqaba
One dive trip to Sipadan
One perforated ear during the Sipadan trip on the fourth day
Multiple ear infections after Sipadan resulting a 3 month out of water.

2012 Goals
Avoid ear problems by using a mask with dry ear covers
Log at least 50 dives (on track)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom