2011 achievements and 2012 goals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2011 dove Easter Island, 200 ft viz 5000km west of South America, dove the Dunderberg wreck, the Waome wreck, and Clear Lake Oregon. Had a lot of fun.

2012 dive more wrecks

-reconnected with an old friend because of diving and SB
- logged 25 dives, which is more than I ever thought possible
-dove the Spiegel Grove, including a swim through
-gained a much better understanding of how to weight myself and what to think about when weighting
-took our young daughters out of the country for the first time and combined that with a dive trip
-Took these two photos:
IMG_0020.jpgIMG_0001.jpg

-get to 25 dives again
-dive somewhere new
-take a class for the first time in a while
-improve my photography skills

Last edited:
not a major diving year, sadly. still, i got my abe davis and almost finished cave dpv. spent some time with friends, made new friends. dove mexican caves for the first time. feel pretty solid sidemounting.

for next year, i want to complete cave dpv and likely do normoxic trimix. also, i want a job, but that's not really dive related...just throwing it out there.

Good things in 2011:

Found an intact P-39 Airacobra, shot down in 1943
Started exploring Matiana Cave after nobody had been inside it for ten years or so
Did a lot of extended range diving after doing 99% recreational diving for four years
Bought a new dive boat
Got another 300 or so hours underwater

Goals for 2012:

Find the G4M Betty we were actually looking for when we found the 'cobra
Pull my thumb out and install a bank so I can blend Trimix
Actually make a decision whether or not I want to dive CCR and get the training if I decide I do
Start exploring where the big sharks go when they drop over the reef edge at 200'
Check out some of the other caves and sinkholes in the area
Use the shiny new dive boat to go out and find the wrecks I know should be there, especially the possible 5,000-tonne Japanese freighter and the US destroyer!

Goals for 2012:

Find the G4M Betty we were actually looking for when we found the 'cobra
Pull my thumb out and install a bank so I can blend Trimix
Actually make a decision whether or not I want to dive CCR and get the training if I decide I do
Start exploring where the big sharks go when they drop over the reef edge at 200'
Check out some of the other caves and sinkholes in the area
Use the shiny new dive boat to go out and find the wrecks I know should be there, especially the possible 5,000-tonne Japanese freighter and the US destroyer!

Good luck to your proposed explorations.

2011 Acheivements

Got my youngest daughter, brother, sister-in-law, and nephew certified
Learned A LOT thanks to articles written by NWGratefulDiver, Jim Lapenta's book, and other recommended reading by TSandM - Thanks guys!

2012 Goals

Continue to improve my diving
Do 50 or more dives during the year, with at least a couple in warm, tropical water
Buy a drysuit so I don't have to dive in 37 F water this time of year wet

2011 Achievement

Dove the Vandenberg
Solo Certification
Nitrox Certification
Dry Suit Certification
Deepest Dive to date, 130'

2012 Goals

Rescue Diver Course
Deep Diver
Advance Wreck Diver
Sidemount Course
40 to 50 Dives

2011 Achievements:
First coldwater dives in 6-5-4 wetsuit
First dive below 100'
Dive trip to Oahu, Hawaii

2012 Goals:
Pelagic Magic dive out of Kona (trip already booked)
Make it to the Long Beach Scuba Show
Get at least 25 dives in for the year (not quite so easy when all diving requires travel)

Yeah, not real impressive compared to what a lot of divers can list, but we're having fun. :)

Back
Top Bottom