2008 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think this kind of progressive thinking by Auburn is great for Florida Football :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I think this kind of progressive thinking by Auburn is great for Florida Football :)
Posted via Mobile Device

And all the rest of the SEC teams.

Just as Bama was wandering in the wilderness looking for the reincarnation of The Bear Auburn may end up looking for the reincarnation of Pat Dye

And all the rest of the SEC teams.

yeah... I bet there isn't an SEC team, player, coach or fan that isn't snickering that this..... Even the folks at Vandy are prob laughing.....

Just as Bama was wandering in the wilderness looking for the reincarnation of The Bear Auburn may end up looking for the reincarnation of Pat Dye

I've heard several folks say that already... that this was just like when Bama hired Shula trying to reincarnate the Bear. (that didn't work either...)

yeah... I bet there isn't an SEC team, player, coach or fan that isn't snickering that this..... Even the folks at Vandy are prob laughing.....

Didn't you lose your making fun of Vandy privileges this year? (I say that with a sigh of relief that we didn't).

I've heard several folks say that already... that this was just like when Bama hired Shula trying to reincarnate the Bear. (that didn't work either...)

Pat Dye? Who was that? Doesn't seem to resonate through the SEC like a Bear Bryant, Robert Neyland, or Steve Spurrier.

Didn't you lose your making fun of Vandy privileges this year? (I say that with a sigh of relief that we didn't).

What was implied was that Auburn's new choice is so bad, that even Vandy is laughing.... (of course Vandy beat Auburn this year... so they have a right to laugh).

Pat Dye? Who was that? Doesn't seem to resonate through the SEC like a Bear Bryant, Robert Neyland, or Steve Spurrier.

I'd say that Bear Bryant "walks on water" in folks minds much more than those other coaches.....

As for Tuberville verses Pat Dye... Some Auburn fans that don't like Tubberville long for the days of Pat Dye coaching at Auburn.

But Tuberville never got caught breaking SEC/NCAA rules and never had any rules sanctions levied against him in the 10 years he was at Auburn (to my knowledge). Pat Dye had to step down from being coach because of all the trouble he got into.

Go Utes...

Go Utes...

I hated to see Bama loose after going that far....

It was clear though that the Utes came "ready to win" and that Bama came already thinking it was going to win.

Andre Smith screwed them pretty bad.... with him suspended for illegal contact with a sports agent, his selfish act left a huge hole in the offensive line. One that Bama couldn't easily fill and left Wilson scrambling all night...

the Utes just outplayed them and of course Bama didn't help any.

i expected a cakewalk for bama. they were not just defeated. they were dominated.

I hated to see Bama loose after going that far....

:shocked2: After that statement Mike, you will have to turn in your diploma and won't be allowed to attend another Auburn game. :D

BTW, did I mention.... GO UTES....

Bowl games are always great because they pop these inter-conferences myths.

Remember two years ago, when OSU and Michigan looked so good, everyone considered letting them replay for National Championship in the title game? They didn't, and guess what - Michigan gets blow out by USC and OSU gets blown out by Florida.

This year the Pac 10 (and the Utes) look to have been underrated by everyone. And I have a suspicion that OSU and Florida (along with Oregon and Mississipi, to a lesser degree) will end up proving that the high scoring Big 12 is as much about sub-standard defences as it is about high octane offence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom