2008 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nice job...I agree that Georgia may be overrated and I also agree that it is going to be a slugfest in the East...nothing new as of late. I don't think you will beat us at home although we do play Hawaii and Miami before you so it depends on what we show up with. I was thinking Auburn for the West Champ too. It is going to be exciting that's for sure.

East Champ: Tennessee
West Champ: Auburn
SEC Champ: Tennessee
Surprise Team: MS State
Game of the Year: Tennessee at Auburn
P.O.Y.: Eric Berry, Tennessee
C.O.Y.: Sly Croom, MS State
Major Disappointment: Georgia

Call it FANatic bias, but I like your thinking.:D
GO VOLS !

wow... we need to remember this come the first week of December and see how Matt's predictions did.

So can I read that as 'Free beer for Matt if he is right!'?

Surely its worth something to be right... especially with that MS State prediction. Who picks someone from that state to beat the national champions at home?

Georgia may be overated but they will beat Tennessee this year because they have a bye week before the Ga-Tn game and we all know that is a definite advantage. Besides thats the only game I really care for them to win LOL.
I will still support my DAWGS though and I do believe they will do well but I do agree they have been put to high on the pedestal. Too high up the only you can go is down and that isnt good.

Mr. Richt is already working overtime trying to get his thugs to behave. They're starting to believe all the hype, and getting into trouble already. It happens all the time to the highest ranked teams and it destroys them.
:coffee:

p.s. Silverback, I enjoyed the dives this weekend, except the microburst at the end. :D

Georgia may be overated but they will beat Tennessee this year because they have a bye week before the Ga-Tn game and we all know that is a definite advantage. Besides thats the only game I really care for them to win LOL.
I will still support my DAWGS though and I do believe they will do well but I do agree they have been put to high on the pedestal. Too high up the only you can go is down and that isnt good.

You can claim the bye week is a good thing all you want, but I'm not buying it. I've seen teams all over get stomped after an early season bye. Teams get out of their groove many times when given time off. Granted, it does help with injuries, but this is still pretty early in the season to expect the team to be too banged up with bumps and bruises.

Tennessee plays Northern Illinois the week before I believe, so its not like a major opponent. I would much rather have a glorified scrimmage than an off week before a game of major importance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom