2008 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't explain most of what Tennessee football players do. I assume that is from '05? If so, I believe that is Jim Bob Cooter, which can explain a lot in itself

Very good! It is either from '05 or '06 I can't remember but yes...it is Jim Bob Cooter when he picked his nose on national tv :rofl3:. The camera man panned to him and the announcers were talking about how he has the best name in college football and he picked his nose:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:...and...I could be making this up...but I believe the announcer said "aw Jim Bob don't pick your nose"...:rofl3:

It's good, but old. Several schools have changed things around since it was updated. Still a good general reference though

Oh...I didn't look that closely at it. I couldn't open the links you posted so I searched and that is what I found:)

Ok changing gears a little bit.

Who do you think will win the East & West....why?

Ok changing gears a little bit.

Who do you think will win the East & West....why?

I think Georgia is way overrated (refer to 2005 Tennessee), and I think UT beats Florida at home and avenges last years loss. They then lose to Auburn, but the East is ridiculous the last few years, and it very well might be the one with only 2 losses gets in to Atlanta. I look for Tennessee to stumble somewhere else, perhaps at USCe, coming off a tough game against a really physical MS. State team (who may be the most physical SEC team, and will undoubtedly surprise someone this year), but takes back the SEC crown by beating Auburn the second time around. Florida stumbles against someone, in one of the most brutal stretches I have ever seen (Something like LSU, Georgia, Auburn, and Kentucky in 4 straight weeks?). Tennessee wins the SEC and plays in the Sugar Bowl, Florida sneaks into a BCS bowl, USCe gets 7 or 8 wins, a bid to the Outback bowl, and Spurrier goes out on a good note. UGA gets their 7 wins to avoid a complete collapse, and manage to get to the Peach Bowl (Not the Chik-fil-a). Kentucky gets to the verge of bowl eligibility again, but Tennessee stops their hope in their final game. Vandy stays Vandy.

In the east, LSU is the best team, but loses a few because they have a target on their back. I'm thinking Auburn and Florida are probably L's. The I would go ahead and declare my Upset Watch for MS State:11:, especially coming off a tough game at Auburn. Auburn gets by with one loss, and goes to Atlanta, where TN adds on loss #2. This still earns them a trip to Dallas and the Cotton Bowl. MS State surprises everyone by winning 10, but goes back to the Liberty Bowl because of lack of prestige. LSU goes to Nashville and the Music City bowl. Alabama gets pounded by Clemson, and the season doesn't get much better. They go 6-6 again, and gets rewarded with a trip to Birmingham, for whatever the bowl is at Legion Field. Ole Miss shows some life under Nutt, but doesn't make a bowl. They do however, take out Nutt's vendetta against Arkansas. The hogs don't put up much fight this year. The team falls apart under Petrino, and he starts looking for a new job by November.

East Champ: Tennessee
West Champ: Auburn
SEC Champ: Tennessee
Surprise Team: MS State
Game of the Year: Tennessee at Auburn
P.O.Y.: Eric Berry, Tennessee
C.O.Y.: Sly Croom, MS State
Major Disappointment: Georgia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom