200' on air for 5 min bottom time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My LDS has wouldn't fill my tanks with deep air so I got Trimix instead :D

Are we done with this one yet? I'm sure we're overdue for a bungieed wing debate by now.
I thought it was splitfin time again, but I might be out of synch..

I thought it was splitfin time again, but I might be out of synch..

An alphabetical ordering of the Top Ten " I've got nothing to say, but I'm gonna shout it anyway " thread topics...

• Air 2
  • BP&W vs Jacket
  • Bounce Dives
  • Computer Redundancy
  • DIR Nazis from the 90's
  • Deep Air
  • Harness Designs
  • Quick Release Buckles
  • Spare Air
  • Split Fins

Speaking of which.. Long time since I saw quick release discussions too..

I once got a Deep Air fill for my spare air it never worked right after that.I tried using split fins with the spare air it didn't help.I am still debating whether to use a Jacket BC or a wing,the voices in my head won't shut up.

The person is a attempting to make an assessment if they are impaired...while impaired.

Solid logic.

Do you make a decision while diving air in 50 FSW? If so, you're making a decision while impaired. Get real, it's the level of impairment that's important and in-particular your level of performance at that depth. The scope of your skill-set is also something to consider. I'd suggest that my safety at 200 FSW is better than many recreational divers in 50 FSW. Who are you to say to what depth I or anyone else can dive to safely?

Exactly :D I can make a double figure 8 knot 400ft down on air while flirting with that lovely mermaid. Easy peasy!!

I just wanted to bring this quote back up for those that obviously missed it.

When I undertake a Deep-Air Dive (dry or wet), I put-on my game face. I do the same thing when piloting a CCR, or when entering a Cave or Wreck (regardless of the breathing mixture being used). It's all business. I approach Deep-Air as a challenge to overcome in a similar way. I don't allow myself to have 'fun' until the dive is completed. Then I can relax and go over everything in my mind. I survived the experience.

For those interested in diving Deep-Air: get trained, get experience and get diving. Remember to tread slowly and be vigilant. Narcosis is deceptive and it awaits the unwary...

Diving deep air is not for fun, it is a way to accomplish a goal. Going without a significant plan and the experience necessary, is asking Murphy if he wants to be your dive buddy.

Bob
---------------------------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

The person is a attempting to make an assessment if they are impaired...while impaired.

Solid logic.

You really believe that an adult is incapable of judging when they are becoming impaired while drinking? What stops most of humanity from dying of alcohol poisoning?

What some agencies do is take the decision making capability away from the individual by putting in place placing max END's. This is like the drinker saying beforehand: I will only have two drinks tonight, no more. A good idea true, but you can't extrapolate that because one group seeks an external barrier that others aren't capable of using an internal one.

Back
Top Bottom