20 metre tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sat Diver

Reaction score
# of dives
Calling all divers in Mumbai, India (or divers who may visit)

We are inaugurating a new training facility that we have been constructing for the last 2 years.
This is a 20 metre deep tank for training dives.
This will primarily be used by commercial diving instituitions, and has been funded by 2 of the large offshore companies.
We will be mostly doing umbilical and bell supply training, as well as open circuit scuba for commercial divers.
All equipment supplied is Kirby Morgan (although you are welcome to bring your own)
We have 2 chambers on site, and will be conducting simulated chamber dives as well.

The reason this is on this forum is that we want to invite recreational divers and instructors who wish to bring their students, to make use of this facility.

There is Trimix and Heliox available (for a fee) on site.
All divers are welcome (for a fee) to undergo basic orientation for surface supply in a controlled environment.

We are looking at ways to generate income outside of commercial diving, while also offering what we think is a valuable resource to the recreational diving community.

Anyone interested in the full scope of what we offer can look for a posting on Offshore Diver.

We will have a website up soon. The owners are unsure about opening up to the non commercial public in any big way just yet.

If you are interested, please PM me, or Bombay High on this forum.

Thank you for your time
Regards

Sat Diver

Please share the link to your website and pictures of the facility once they become available. While I will probably not visit India to go diving, I am excited to see how your operation is set up.

thank you for the interest. We are having professional photographers come in along with a bunch of divers from Stena Offshore on thursday. With permission i will post some here.RegardsSat Diver

Dear Sat Diver,

That sounds terrific. Very in Mumbai is your tank located?

Ranjit

Ranjit,
Just read your PM.
Cant reply for some reason it will not go thru.
To Answer -
I am not qualified to instruct or certify you. You will need to bring an instructor with you.
Also, this tank will not substitute as open water, for your certification.
You will still need to go to the ocean or a lake.

Back
Top Bottom