2 weeks in BC: recommended dive spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm from Vancouver. Unless you really insist on getting in an easy shore dive such as Whytecliff, or unless you want to spend some time in Vancouver because it is a nice city, I'd suggest you skip diving in Vancouver and head to the Island.

Where you go depends on how much travelling you want to do and what you want to see. Think about shore dives in Victoria, Race Rocks, the wrecks out of Sidney and Nanaimo, some drift diving (Dodd Narrows) and then go north. You might also want to consider the Sunshine Coast to dive the Chaudier and Stag Wall or Skookumchuk. (I haven't been all of those sites, but I've heard from my friends they are excellent.)

Don't forget to keep in mind that in spite of the fact you are planning to come in the summer, the West Coast can be a very cold and rainy place and even if it's nice topside, the water is always cold (warmest it gets is 10 or 11C) and the vis can be downright lousy and can vary from day to day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom