2 Used Faber LP 95's for $375?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Locus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking at switching to steel tanks and selling off my AL80's. Found 2 used LP 95's for $375 together. Is this a good deal? Tanks were made in '86, hydro'd last year and will need vis in a month. Maybe I could talk him down to $350.

I bought used 95s with a manifold and bands about 5 years ago for $450 to give a reference. It's not a bad price IMO. Make sure they get hydro approval before you fork over the dough.

Well, the last time I played this game I found out that AWAP is a much cheaper B***** then I am. :) And I thought I was frugal...

In Austin, TX LP95's usually go four about $160 with a fresh hydro (+ rating) and VIS. I've gotten them for $140. Maybe others have found a better deal.

The only way I'd pay $350 would be if the seller got a fresh VIS before delivery. I'd be paying $280 for the both and then paying another $40 (2x$20) to get them inspected.

Hydro isn't a concern since 4 years is a pretty decent remaining amount. (Assuming they are + rated.)

Well, the last time I played this game I found out that AWAP is a much cheaper B***** then I am. :) And I thought I was frugal...

In Austin, TX LP95's usually go four about $160 with a fresh hydro (+ rating) and VIS. I've gotten them for $140. Maybe others have found a better deal.

The only way I'd pay $350 would be if the seller got a fresh VIS before delivery. I'd be paying $280 for the both and then paying another $40 (2x$20) to get them inspected.

Hydro isn't a concern since 4 years is a pretty decent remaining amount. (Assuming they are + rated.)

Hm. Everything is more expensive in Canada though... Seller was unclear whether they are + rated so I'll have to double check that. I found a place that does cheap vip so it will probably cost <$20 to have them both vis'd when they come due at end of august.

How do people like these tanks generally? Are they a good value? These are particularly attractive to me because I was going to barter $100 worth of gear to my LDS to have a din conversion done on my regs, but if I go with LP's then this will be unnecessary and I can put that money elsewhere.

I like LP95s. My only caution is they are somewhat short and trim can be a problem. I had to slide mine all the way back as far as I could and switch my steel plate to an AL plate. Now I'm good. But at first I was head heavy and going feet up when hovering.

I still like DIN even for LP tanks and all my regs and tanks are DIN.

LP95 are nice tanks, my wife dives one. If you are taller person an LP108 might be better. I dive one. A few years back I purchased one of each for about $130 each. But with no valves. My suggestion would be to offer $150 each with a new VIS if they have the REE number stamped on them and come with a convertible valves.

Mine didn't have the REE number stamped on the tank. I emailed Faber and they emailed me the # back the next day. The hydro facility then accepted it when doing my + rating.

Mine didn't have the REE number stamped on the tank. I emailed Faber and they emailed me the # back the next day. The hydro facility then accepted it when doing my + rating.

That is good as many shops want something official from the mfg. I gave my local hydro a copy of a very old doc from PST and they were happy with that. Hopefully, you doc something like that - as I am not sure just a simple email would work in all situations.

LP95 are nice tanks, my wife dives one. If you are taller person an LP108 might be better. I dive one. A few years back I purchased one of each for about $130 each. But with no valves. My suggestion would be to offer $150 each with a new VIS if they have the REE number stamped on them and come with a convertible valves.

What is an REE #?

How tall is your wife? I'm just a smidge under 6' tall. Do you think I would comfortably trim out with 24" tanks like these? I haven't invested in a bpw just yet so when I do I could configure my rig to suit tanks of this size if it's worth it to do so.

If the tanks were absolutely perfect, 375 is too much. Its rare, but I've seen a set of doubles with bands, bolts and manifolds for 300. I see them often for 400. If you factor in that you could sell the bands and manifold for $100 that's a set of tanks for 200 or 300 bucks.

At any rate, sure I'm spoiled, but no way I'd pay that price for used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom