2 Used Faber LP 95's for $375?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is an REE #?

Rejection Elastic Expansion - it is limit that a cylinder can expand.

How tall is your wife? I'm just a smidge under 6' tall. Do you think I would comfortably trim out with 24" tanks like these? I haven't invested in a bpw just yet so when I do I could configure my rig to suit tanks of this size if it's worth it to do so.

She is 5'4", I am 6'0", Trim may be an issue for some.

That is good as many shops want something official from the mfg. I gave my local hydro a copy of a very old doc from PST and they were happy with that. Hopefully, you doc something like that - as I am not sure just a simple email would work in all situations.

I always skip the dive shop and go straight to the hydro facility. I just taped the email to the tank when I dropped it off. I probably didn't even need to do this because Mark and SimplexGrinnell in Round Rock, TX is very well known on this board as knowing his stuff when it comes to steel tanks. Still, every little bit helps.

---------- Post added July 7th, 2013 at 06:25 AM ----------

If the tanks were absolutely perfect, 375 is too much. Its rare, but I've seen a set of doubles with bands, bolts and manifolds for 300. I see them often for 400. If you factor in that you could sell the bands and manifold for $100 that's a set of tanks for 200 or 300 bucks.

At any rate, sure I'm spoiled, but no way I'd pay that price for used.

Darn, Pete. I'd wish I'd see those deals in Austin.

I used to buy them up when I saw them. Then I counted 8+ sets of doubles in my garage. Then I got a rebreather. I still have 8 sets of doubles in my garage, but I only own 2 sets of them.

I hate diving OC now. :)

I think about a doubles rig from time to time. But cost and lack of need stops me.

Let the weight stop you too. :)
Is there any technical wreck dives? I know you guys got some caves there in Texas, but don't know much more than that about the diving.

Very little in TX. What scraps that exist are battled over by groups that don't like each other. I stay out of it.

Turns out the vis on the lp 95's expires next month and hydro expired in May. They are indeed + rated. I talked him down to $275 for the pair and I'm going for it. Thanks for the input everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom