2 Thumbs up for Snorkel Bob's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
About 2 years ago I purchased an Rx Mask from Snorkel Bob's , that "enigmatic" purveyor of snorkeling cheer :wink:

Not having my perscription available they recommended that I try on different lenses in the shop and find some that worked for my eyes... I finally settled on a -7.5 and -8.0 dipoter set. The underwater world then exploded in clear sights, colors and visions of grandeur. It was wonderful to finally see what was going on down there. Up to that point a mask was more a matter of keeping water out of my eyes, than allowing me to see underwater.

The only trouble I've had is that I get dizzy walking around on land with them and have absolutely no depth perception... it's kinda weird putting my foot down, not knowing when it will actually hit the ground...

This week I happened by an optometry shop and figured I'd have them tell me what my actual Rx in my current lenses is. I've had the same Rx for nearly 18 years now, but I just had no clue "what" it was (my optometrist doesn't give me a perscription, they do an eye exam, then just have me pick out a pair of frames and fill them). They looked my glasses over and it turns out my eyes are a LOT better than I thought... -5.5 and -5.75 :D (I was curious because I've been considering a hydrooptix mask) All of a sudden it dawned on me, "no wonder I get dizzy walking around on land with my current mask!" So with no receipt in hand I went back to Snorkel Bob's (they are only a couple blocks away from my house) and explained the situation to them. They happily swapped out my lenses for the correct ones and basicaly said "have fun diving" :D I can't wait to get back in the water and try out the new lenses! Too bad everyone else is working today... Maybe it's time to go snorkeling, who cares if the remnants of hurricane Kenneth is bringing in a bit of bad weather :wink:

So Mahalo Snorkel Bob!

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
About 2 years ago I purchased an Rx Mask from Snorkel Bob's , that "enigmatic" purveyor of snorkeling cheer :wink:

Aloha, Tim

"...because I, Snorkel Bob...."

dude loves himself with a love only rivaled by SeaJay's love for himself.

SB is a funny guy. You know, that would be a great ScubaBoard handle - Snorkel Bob.

I see a sock puppet in my future...

---
Ken

SB is the man (and not in an oppressive "the man" kind of way, either).

Anyone visiting HI should definitely pick up his "reality guide", even if you've no need for prescription mask lenses.

Back
Top Bottom