Suggestion 2 new suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
F

fotofrog

Reaction score
Being new to the group, I have made it my mission to review most of the sites as best I can in a short time frame. I like what I see and applaude the efforts of the folks responsible for building this site that so many friendly people can enjoy.

This brings me to the 1st suggestion:
I myself, sometimes like to be able to blow bubbles with like minded people in a live forum i.e. a scuba chat room whenever I have the time or desire to do so.
Is including a live chat site a possibility in the near future?

Secondly, I see that you cover a whole gambit of topics, more that I would have been able to think of, to be honest. This is good. I especially like the 'tec' forums. But you do have one forum missing in the tech area, this is known as Deeeeeeeeep dives.
I read and study all I can on deep dives (with air & mixed gasses) but it would be nice to share information with divers actually out there doing these particular dives to see if information is out there that one or the other does not know about.

With these 2 suggestions incorporated into you already overflowing forum, I feel your website would then be complete........at least for my tastes.

Thanks for any consideration that you may give this post.

Respectfully submitted,
fotofrog

In regards to suggestion 1, live chat is not something we will be including in our site now or in the future. Basically live chat comes down to being impossible to moderate if it's run on an IRC/open system or overly expensive if it's run with a closed server system such as DigiChat. Even with 300+ users on the board all day and night a chatroom would be very slow for many hours of the day and we could only have it open when a moderator was present, this means running our own software and that just doesn't add up fiscally.

As for suggestion 2, that sounds good as far as I can tell, I will pass it along to the other admins for their final input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom